Question Your device's operating system has been modified in an unauthorised way. Try updating using Smart Switch on my A32 bought it a week ago

Zeffer

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
This is on my A32 bought it a week ago please assist... i already did the whole smart switch thing to update software, but i see that the phone status still says Custom

Zeffer

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may have been rooted, or running a custom ROM. Is it otherwise affecting the normal usage of your phone?

I'm sure @mustang7757 can help if the phone needs to be reverted back to stock.
It doesnt seem to be affecting the normal usage of the phone. Frankly, wouldn't even have noticed if this error didn't pop up when i tried updating the system software

Zeffer

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
could i possibly still get assistance from you guys... i just want to have a normaal phone like aa normal person...right now im too scared to even put my email on the phone because i dont know what the possibilities are of what can happen
i also noticed that when i turn the phone off and on, it gives the following message

Attachments

• WIN_20230411_10_27_53_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230411_10_27_53_Pro.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 17

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Okay, probably means your phone was rooted at some point or it could be your bootloader is unlocked.
As stated earlier, the best way would be to flash the latest stock firmware.
Or return the phone if possible and let the seller deal with it. First factory reset it as it'll have personal information on it.
Come to think of it, a factory reset should re-lock the bootloader if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
could i possibly still get assistance from you guys... i just want to have a normaal phone like aa normal person...right now im too scared to even put my email on the phone because i dont know what the possibilities are of what can happen
i also noticed that when i turn the phone off and on, it gives the following message
I didn't see a link from Mustang's post. I just notified him via outside messaging. Hopefully he will see it and post soon.
To give a skinny guide on flashing a stock ROM, you need a PC program called Odin (or the other one Mustang listed) and the correct zip file for your phone. Odin can take care of the rest. Flashing a new ROM (the equivalent of installing a fresh version of Windows) will wipe the device, so I would recommend backing everything up while we wait for Mustang to reply.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It just means you unlock the bootloader and can put custom ROM , to close it should go to developer settings and turn OEM off

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I didn't see a link from Mustang's post. I just notified him via outside messaging. Hopefully he will see it and post soon.
To give a skinny guide on flashing a stock ROM, you need a PC program called Odin (or the other one Mustang listed) and the correct zip file for your phone. Odin can take care of the rest. Flashing a new ROM (the equivalent of installing a fresh version of Windows) will wipe the device, so I would recommend backing everything up while we wait for Mustang to reply.
Don't see it either
Will post it up if OP still wants to go forward

Reactions: Golfdriver97

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can help when flashing the stock firmware where it won't delete user data

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21