Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just checked the Channel 4 Video again - there must be a dozen comments to the video, telling them that it's either an S6 Active or an S7 Active and NOT a Note 7... still NO RETRACTION. Unbelievable! Just throw it out there and get away with it...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Want to know if your battery is considered a "bad batch"?

That doesn't tell you if your phone is in the bad batch... Unless I missed something. It does do some speculation but that's it

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

70% of Note7s have batteries made by Samsung SDI and finished by ITM. Those are the ones that have the issue.

The remaining 30% are finished by ATL.

Samsung is switching to ATL and maybe LG Chem for batteries on the first few runs of the Note7 post-recall.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just checked the Channel 4 Video again - there must be a dozen comments to the video, telling them that it's either an S6 Active or an S7 Active and NOT a Note 7... still NO RETRACTION. Unbelievable! Just throw it out there and get away with it...
Sadly, for the main stream media, it would probably take pressure from Samsung lawyers to get the retraction.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

My phone was made in China, it's Tmobile and is a SM930T does this mean mine is safe then?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

That doesn't tell you if your phone is in the bad batch... Unless I missed something. It does do some speculation but that's it

It doesn't tell you anything unless Samsung says that's how to identify corrupted devices.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

My phone was made in China, it's Tmobile and is a SM930T does this mean mine is safe then?
I wouldn't assume that it's safe due to that. That's not verified by Samsung.

Just get it replaced when they come in. A little bit of a hassle, but it's well worth it for extra piece-of-mind.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
According to article yes. I forgot that most of T-mobile's Samsung phones are made in China. Seems like you're good until the warranties come in.

BUT, since Samsung has done a global recall, unless they come out and say it's safe, I wouldn't assume anything. It's all conjecture till it's official.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
According to article yes. I forgot that most of T-mobile's Samsung phones are made in China. Seems like you're good until the warranties come in.

The article is not a statement from Samsung saying which ones are safe. It's either conjecture or straight up fabrication on the part of Phone Arena, because the articles they cite as their sources do not say what Phone Arena is claiming. One of the three sources isn't related in any way.

So to clarify.... Samsung has not released any statement that would indicate that any batteries sold outside of China are safe. Until such time as they do, statements assuming which ones are safe and which are not are not based on factual information, they are based on guesswork.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The article is not a statement from Samsung saying which ones are safe. It's either conjecture or straight up fabrication on the part of Phone Arena, because the articles they cite as their sources do not say what Phone Arena is claiming. One of the three sources isn't related in any way.

So to clarify.... Samsung has not released any statement that would indicate that any batteries sold outside of China are safe. Until such time as they do, statements assuming which ones are safe and which are not are not based on factual information, they are based on guesswork.
I just can't wait until this is all over so that we can get to loving how awesome this phone is. Really unfortunate what Samsung is going through around the eve of the iPhone announcement no less.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just can't wait until this is all over so that we can get to loving how awesome this phone is. Really unfortunate what Samsung is going through around the eve of the iPhone announcement no less.
After having a wonderful 10 days with this phone, this has probably (and this coming from a 66 year old) been the biggest "BUZZ KILL" I can remember in a very, very long time! I just want to get my replacement Note 7 once they're available and move on...

Laugh_2b.jpg

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think that with all the Battery Headaches, Samsung will go back to the removable battery?

imho, fast charging and wireless fast charging, along with the extra bump to 3500 mAh addressed my need for a removable battery, and I am an ultra heavy business user of my Note 7

It was a real psychological hurdle, though, and a change in my charging habits, to leave behind my need for a replaceable battery.

Many others feel quite differently and wish for the return of removable batteries

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Do you guys think that with all the Battery Headaches, Samsung will go back to the removable battery?
Samsung low end phones still have removable batteries. I think Samsung tries to compete with the iPhone with its flagships and as long as the iPhone doesn't have a removable battery, Samsung flagships won't.

I would like to see Samsung expand their partnership with Best Buy to handle Samsung warranty replacement services. They could continue to have people who want to go through the carrier but for those of us who would rather not, it would increase customer satisfaction. The only thing that makes me consider an iPhone is that you can so easily go through Apple for repair and warranty service. It is such a pleasant experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001