I thought the bootloader was locked on TB

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
what is the current status of the TBs development. Is it wide open? AOSPs and the like? I remember reading that HTC will start or has started locking the boots up. Is this correct.

failsafe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The bootloader was locked but the rooting process unlocks it. The problem with getting AOSP right now is getting data to work. So far only Sense based ROMs exist but reverse engineering is being done to try and get data support w/o Sense.

Reactions: edoublediz

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ok, but to be clear, rooting does not always guarantee unlocking of the bootloader, does it?

This is correct, but the root method AndIRC gave us within the first 24 hours of the TB being launched gave us root with S-Off. Giving us the unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: edoublediz

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Tesla Coil isn't sense based, and its the best / fastest out there. Try it out, from the developer of Liberty roms on Droid X

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk. Eat Snacky Smores.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
is signed different than locked? how do you know they used unlocked unit to derive their solution? if they had not, would it have been impossible to unlock/unsign

afaik, the present firmware is still uncracked. That's why there's no true one touch or non data-wipe method. Root requires reverting back to an older version, flashing the eng bootloader to get S-Off and then the release firmware with the bootloader removed. So, theoretically, they could still be working on it if it weren't for those two. Or at least that's my understanding of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress