[Guide] Upgrade to MR2+ Compatible Rom+Radio From MR1 after Root

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Upgrade to GB Sense Rom+Radio from FROYO for beginner

Thanks sseth.

I might restore my 2.1 nand while I wait for rc4 to drop.

How does the adw carousel look ?
Maybe I need to specify, when you say carousel do you mean like SPB mobile shell or do you mean like you can scroll in one direction and get back to your homescreen without having to stop? cuz thats what I mean (not SPB) and it works great,and you also have like 8 different screen transition you can use too... you can adjust the bounce and scrolling speed too, I love ADW ex.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Loaded my first ROM using ROM Manager... forgot about the radio needing to be upgraded... I guess I thought it would work with the old until it did not work... then panic set in... then I read this thread and was able to figure out a round about way of getting MR2.5 on my card... then loaded it... works great.

I'm running Das BAMF 2.1.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Maybe I need to specify, when you say carousel do you mean like SPB mobile shell or do you mean like you can scroll in one direction and get back to your homescreen without having to stop? cuz thats what I mean (not SPB) and it works great,and you also have like 8 different screen transition you can use too... you can adjust the bounce and scrolling speed too, I love ADW ex.

I know adw does the carousel like there is no break between the homescreens - i guess what i mean was how do the transition animations look with adw? i never really messed with those.

I really like the way sense 3.0's animations look - also I am back onto the sense clock, sense weather, etc, so i won't be switching back to adw at this time (although i really miss having a 5 icon dock).

i could post some screen shots of rc3 if you want but they will just look like an evo 3d haha.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I know adw does the carousel like there is no break between the homescreens - i guess what i mean was how do the transition animations look with adw? i never really messed with those.

I really like the way sense 3.0's animations look - also I am back onto the sense clock, sense weather, etc, so i won't be switching back to adw at this time (although i really miss having a 5 icon dock).

i could post some screen shots of rc3 if you want but they will just look like an evo 3d haha.
These are the screen Transition effects for ADW ex - Normal Scroll, Random, Tilt, Fly in, Rotate, Zoom, Catalog, Tumble, Curve, Cards, Cube, Cube Inverse, and Wheel... I really like them all and you can set the speed also. I just like that I can change basically every aspect from my app drawer, to the transition, to the icons... EVERYTHING :)

I personally like Curve for my transition. and yes, you are right about the Icon dock. you can even make the icons anything you want. it just takes some tinkering in root explorer to do it.

you can shoot me a screeny of the sense ani's. the only thing I use sense for is the new lock screen :)

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

These are the screen Transition effects for ADW ex - Normal Scroll, Random, Tilt, Fly in, Rotate, Zoom, Catalog, Tumble, Curve, Cards, Cube, Cube Inverse, and Wheel... I really like them all and you can set the speed also. I just like that I can change basically every aspect from my app drawer, to the transition, to the icons... EVERYTHING :)

I personally like Curve for my transition. and yes, you are right about the Icon dock. you can even make the icons anything you want. it just takes some tinkering in root explorer to do it.

you can shoot me a screeny of the sense ani's. the only thing I use sense for is the new lock screen :)

that's alot of transitions to pick from in adw - i think that's why i never messed around with it ;)

i really like the sense 3 lockscreen. and the carousel transition has the home pages spinning around in circles really fast (46 seconds into this android central video review of the sensation: YouTube - ‪Sense 3.0 on the HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation.‬‏).

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Upgrade to GB Sense Rom+Radio from Froyo

My LTE seems to be very slow with these radios is this normal?

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Not really, clockworkmod recovery is the kind of recovery that we have on the thunderbolt. other android devices sometimes use another kind of recovery (amon ra), but for tbolt there is only cwm i believe.

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Not really, clockworkmod recovery is the kind of recovery that we have on the thunderbolt. other android devices sometimes use another kind of recovery (amon ra), but for tbolt there is only cwm i believe.
ahh ok zero neck, thanks for the instructions, i was just confused. i edited previous post with new question!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

How slow?
have you rebooted since you flashed the radio? a regular reboot might help.
which MR radio did you flash? bc if it remains slow you can try the other MR radio..

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How slow?
have you rebooted since you flashed the radio? a regular reboot might help.
which MR radio did you flash? bc if it remains slow you can try the other MR radio..
Literally about half As fast as froyo I went with Mr2 will try Mr2.5 in just a bit.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Literally about half As fast as froyo I went with Mr2 will try Mr2.5 in just a bit.

i pull down usually between 17 and 20 mb, and upload between 3 and 4. I'm using MR2.5 but my numbers were about the same when i was using MR2 radio.

If you just flashed the rom and radio recently, have you tried to reboot the phone since? That might help. Otherwise, MR2.5 might function better with your device, so I would definitely try that.

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i pull down usually between 17 and 20 mb, and upload between 3 and 4. I'm using MR2.5 but my numbers were about the same when i was using MR2 radio.

If you just flashed the rom and radio recently, have you tried to reboot the phone since? That might help. Otherwise, MR2.5 might function better with your device, so I would definitely try that.

I'm getting half that about 9 down and 5 up. I'm trying
Mr2.5 now.

Edit.: worse on 2.5 getting 6down and 3up

Last edited:

ironcity1861

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

When I try to install the new radio it continues to tell me that the radio is not on my SD card. I have verified that it is .zip. and that it has the correct md5 has. Still not working

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

When I try to install the new radio it continues to tell me that the radio is not on my SD card. I have verified that it is .zip. and that it has the correct md5 has. Still not working

Is it named pg05img.zip ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87