Will the latest update work on CSpire Merge

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am a customer of CSpire and wanted to update my merge to the latest and greatest version of Android (and I'm confused...is the 2.3 Gingerbread newer/better than the 3.0 Honeycomb?) and wanted to know if the U.S. Cellular version will work on my phone on the CSpire network??

Thanks

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Honeycomb is for tablets so it wont work on your merge. I would also think that the us cellular version of gingerbread will not work either. If you installed it you would not be able to get text and things of that matter. You would also have to be rooted. I have Alltel so I cant use it either. Alltel has 2.3 on their computers in the store and are about to push it over the air to us customers soon. So maybe CSpire is not far behind either.

tonyg1984

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
you can use the uscellular version just fine...all you have to do is download apn backup to save ur apn settings. why dont you guys check out 2fastroms.com.... btw any rom will work for any carrier with the merge... for one one rooted and s-off the sim card slot is unlocked and everyone else is cdma...like i said before as long as you can back up and restore your apn settings ur golden