Just got Droid Charge.... battery seriously?

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
After months of dealing with the HTC Thunderbolt drawing unreasonable battery usage (600mAh with GPS/WiFi/3G/4G off, screen off, fresh reboot with no downloaded apps + a load of other things) I am now suffering from the same ordeal on the Droid Charge...

600-1500mAh being drawn with screen off, mobile radios off, wi-fi off, gps off, bluetooth off, resting after a restart for 1 hour with minimal apps, no twitter/facebook syncing etc.

I've done battery pulls etc. Right now I turned it off and am charging to 100% to see if this fixes the issue.

At one point the battery went from 25% to 11% in about 10 minutes.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Something doesn't seem right. I've been astounded by how long this battery lasts and I'm running stock, not doing anything like you're doing (wifi off, etc). I get to the end of a rather busy day and my battery still has average 30-40% left.

I know this doesn't help much. Maybe others who are more "in the know" can help you, but this just seems strange to me.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Something doesn't seem right. I've been astounded by how long this battery lasts and I'm running stock, not doing anything like you're doing (wifi off, etc). I get to the end of a rather busy day and my battery still has average 30-40% left.

I know this doesn't help much. Maybe others who are more "in the know" can help you, but this just seems strange to me.

Agreed. There is no way the battery drains as fast as the OP says. Have you calibrated the battery?

13 Steps To A Calibrated Battery - xda-developers

lindakaymoonchild

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I love my charge, I do have a extended battery and have a car charger. But I am on the phone vs getting my computer out and I do every thing from facebook to looking up road maps. I use it for several hours a day and I do have to plug it in once a day. But compard to the Thunderbolt this is a excellent phone.....

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine drops fast also so i ordered one form Ebay to have an extra one. i didn't notice until i got it that it was a 1500 mAh compared to the OE 1600mAh so i thought it would be worse but turns out it last at least 3-4 hours more than the one that came with the phone and it charges in 1/3 the time. the one that came with the phone takes about 5 hours to charge from my computer. that is just unacceptable.

so i decided to call samsung and see if they will send me a replacement and they told me i would have to send mine in for them to test (If i only had one battery that means i would be without the use of my phone for over a week) and then if they found defective they would send me another one. it would cost me more to ship than just buying another form ebay.

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
put in 1600 mAh battery at 9:18 a.m. and at 9:46 a.m. it has charge 1% from 10% to 11%. EPIC FAIL!

this is plugged in to the wall not my PC.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
put in 1600 mAh battery at 9:18 a.m. and at 9:46 a.m. it has charge 1% from 10% to 11%. EPIC FAIL!

Put my stock battery on the stock USB cord with the stock wall charger in at noon at 27%. now at 1:00 my charge is at 62%.

That is pretty typical for me...

EDIT: now at 2:00 I am at 94%

Last edited:

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I use the Elixir app to see my full battery usage and sometimes it'll display the % of the battery from when the screen timed out - only to refresh when I actually go into the app.

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
After months of dealing with the HTC Thunderbolt drawing unreasonable battery usage (600mAh with GPS/WiFi/3G/4G off, screen off, fresh reboot with no downloaded apps + a load of other things) I am now suffering from the same ordeal on the Droid Charge...

This doesn't help in your particular case, but I can understand your frustration. If I may comment, I think the problem is that you keep picking manufacturers that are notorious for hardware or battery issues.
Samsung has serious hardware issues, and HTC is known for having poor battery life. If you're still within your 30 day return window, I would suggest getting a Motorola phone.
Say what you will about moto's locked bootloader (which will be changing soon) or it's "ugly" design, but it builds a solid phone. Just my 2 cents.

Mine drops fast also so i ordered one form Ebay to have an extra one.....

so i decided to call samsung and see if they will send me a replacement and they told me i would have to send mine in for them to test (If i only had one battery that means i would be without the use of my phone for over a week) and then if they found defective they would send me another one. it would cost me more to ship than just buying another form ebay.

I'm not sure why you're calling Samsung. If you're within your 1 year warranty, take it to your wireless carrier's retail store, and they'll either exchange your battery on the spot (if they have it in stock) or ship you a new one. Once you receive the new one, they can/may ask you to send the old one back.
But not before receiving your new one. You shouldn't be without your stock battery at any point.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't help in your particular case, but I can understand your frustration. If I may comment, I think the problem is that you keep picking manufacturers that are notorious for hardware or battery issues.
Samsung has serious hardware issues, and HTC is known for having poor battery life. If you're still within your 30 day return window, I would suggest getting a Motorola phone.
Say what you will about moto's locked bootloader (which will be changing soon) or it's "ugly" design, but it builds a solid phone. Just my 2 cents.

Seriously?

Dude, We own the SAMSUNG droid charge and most of us love it. Telling the op or anyone else to go buy a moto phone? Cmon that is a troll comment if I ever heard one.

"Serious hardware issues" The hardware on the charge just blows the moto junk out of the water.

Alder5

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I received my Charge yesterday and wondered about the battery life. Well, I started with a full charge this morning have data on, wireless off and talked almost non stop for a full 8 hours. When I wasn't talking I was listening to voicemail, checking email or downloading ringtones. At the end of that 8 hours I had 17% life left on that battery. I don't think I'll complain about this phone. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys, I did literally 5 system restores back to back... and it fixed the issue lol. Using about 40 mAh with various stuff running and screen off. Normal to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress