Battery life

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone who actually has this phone and has used it for 3+ days tell me how much battery life I would have after.... 2hrs screen on, 1 hr of phone calls, 16 total hrs of charger.
The reason I ask is because I keep reading very different reviews of battery life but know one has seemed to cover the big details that affect my battery life in my gnexlte.
Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Good luck finding someone who can report usage just like yours. If you want the phone, but it. If it doesn't work out, you have at least 14 days to exchange it depending on where you get it from.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Can someone who actually has this phone and has used it for 3+ days tell me how much battery life I would have after.... 2hrs screen on, 1 hr of phone calls, 16 total hrs of charger.
The reason I ask is because I keep reading very different reviews of battery life but know one has seemed to cover the big details that affect my battery life in my gnexlte.
Thank you.

That's berry light usage, you shouldn't have an issue with the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That's berry light usage, you shouldn't have an issue with the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Gotta agree with Hustle, that's not very heavy usage and I would be pretty surprised if you had less than 50% at the end of the day. I didn't charge for more than 30 hours the second day I had it and I still didn't get below 50%. I have no complaints on battery life what-so-ever. I wish it had a removable battery because I travel a lot, but I easily get more than twice the battery life of my old HTC Thunderbolt.

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for supplying me with the percentage. That's an answer I was looking for.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for supplying me with the percentage. That's an answer I was looking for.

This would also depends largely on your location's signal strength. I was out for a meeting today for 2 hours the building I was in did not have a good clear signal, the phone kept jumping back and forth between 3g and 4g. I think at the start of the meeting I had about 80% of battery life, towards the end I had 44% battery life, it ate up almost 40% in 2 hours and the phone was hot.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
This would also depends largely on your location's signal strength. I was out for a meeting today for 2 hours the building I was in did not have a good clear signal, the phone kept jumping back and forth between 3g and 4g. I think at the start of the meeting I had about 80% of battery life, towards the end I had 44% battery life, it ate up almost 40% in 2 hours and the phone was hot.

this is the achiles heel for any phone i have had in the past year, other than the Maxx! Where i live, is very mountainous, the signal is very inconsistent. it wreaked havoc on both the Gnex and S3. at one location the S3 got too hot to touch and drained from 100% to dead in 2-2.5 hours. i have never experienced this with the Maxx. it pulls in every ounce of signal available. better than any phone i have ever owned. which begs me to reason, that battery is only half of my battle! i also need a great radio. i might just be stuck with moto! boy i will be pissed if the quality of their radios/antennas goes to crap. so big question......when does googlerola ship their 5"1080p quad core maxx phone?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
this is the achiles heel for any phone i have had in the past year, other than the Maxx! Where i live, is very mountainous, the signal is very inconsistent. it wreaked havoc on both the Gnex and S3. at one location the S3 got too hot to touch and drained from 100% to dead in 2-2.5 hours. i have never experienced this with the Maxx. it pulls in every ounce of signal available. better than any phone i have ever owned. which begs me to reason, that battery is only half of my battle! i also need a great radio. i might just be stuck with moto! boy i will be pissed if the quality of their radios/antennas goes to crap. so big question......when does googlerola ship their 5"1080p quad core maxx phone?

I think everyone is aware that the Maxx has better battery life and a great radio but I believe he was asking about the DNA. If I needed great battery life and didn't care about anything else then I would consider a Moto phone.

After almost a week I'm seeing a few hours more in battery life compared to my Gnex which wasn't bad either. Like posted above it all depends on how good of a signal you have and where your located at. I travel often and even with good signal battery life seems to be different in certain areas with LTE.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone is aware that the Maxx has better battery life and a great radio but I believe he was asking about the DNA. If I needed great battery life and didn't care about anything else then I would consider a Moto phone.

After almost a week I'm seeing a few hours more in battery life compared to my Gnex which wasn't bad either. Like posted above it all depends on how good of a signal you have and where your located at. I travel often and even with good signal battery life seems to be different in certain areas with LTE.

ooooooook? i didnt mention battery at all! i just gave my experience with bad signal, it is a real battery killer. hyper sensitive much?

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is currently no win win solution out there for me, regardless whichever phone I choose there is something about it that is going to make me feel like the grass is greener on the other side.
I picked DNA because I can manage the battery life with a few different options but I can not make a crappy camera better, a slow processor runs faster, a chunky phone slimmer, or an ugly design with horrible UI all the sudden becomes eye pleasing and easy to use.

However these are simply my personal opinions and preferences, what I consider good and beautiful may not be in your book. Regardless this is the phone I picked and I am 95% happy with with my choice. There is no need to troll the DNA forum or any other forums for that matter... just because you love your maxx so much.
I am sure you will get a better response and agreements if you post on your maxx section of the forum about your undying love for your phone... Unless your intention is simply to troll and nothing more. I mean that couldn't be it... could it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa