How is everyone holding up with storage?

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Has it become a problem? Especially for those coming from devices with 32, 64 gb?

Have you been able to work around issues where storage would normally become a problem?

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have pretty much everything I had on my Tbolt minus some pics and a few apps that I decided not to load because I didn't use them anyway. I still have 6.75 G of storage left. I don't have any music and movies on the phone (didn't on the Tbolt either) as I pretty much stream from Slacker, the cloud, etc. I don't see myself using much more than a 3 or 4 G more over the life of the phone unless apps start to become much larger. If that does happen it won't be for a year or two anyway and I'll get a new phone.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm showing having 8.5 GB available! I'm pretty amazed.

I've loaded every program that I use/want, having transferred nearly every app from my Razr. I also went through all of the apps on my Transformer Prime, and loaded whatever one's I thought I may need from there.

I am also currently trying out Google Music, so I don't have any music loaded on the DNA, but I listen to talk radio or IHeartRadio more then listening to music on my cell phone, so I haven't missed it. If I do find Google Music isn't cutting it, I certainly have more then enough space to load music onto my phone.

I don't watch movies on my phone. I've loaded movies on earlier phones, then found that other then just making sure that they work, I've never watched 'em!

So far (and I can return the DNA up until Jan. 15th), the DNA is proving itself to be a fantastic device, for my needs! Space, and battery life, have been total non-issues!

tmus

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Good so far. I use Evernote and Dropbox full integration for photo auto upload so on phone storage is not a huge big deal. I also use Google Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio and have no issues with that since I stream most music and with 4G LTE there is no lag in streaming. I had a 32G Galaxy Nexus and only used a small portion of on phone storage with that device. I am a early adopter of cloud based storage for cross platform availability so I have already adjusted for this type of device.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have 5gb left. However my apps, music and downloads are well under 1gb. But the other section shows 4.7 gb being used. Anyway to figure out what the help the "other" part is?

Edit: nevermind, brain dart. I have 10.58 gb left. Plenty of storage for w.e. I made need to keep on the phone.

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have about 6GB free. Most of the space is filled with pinned Google Music and various podcasts that get downloaded until they are listened too. I have maybe 50 or so pictures stored too. I'd don't use my phone as my primary camera so that won't ever be an issue.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got about 3.5 GB free left. A big chunk of it is my 4.5 GB of music and of course nearly 2 GB of apps. I would say storage has been adequate for me. I had a 32 GB mico SD card on my Galaxy SIII but I only ever used it for ROMs and backups. Since I'm not planning on doing much in terms of rooting or flashing, I have no need for huge amounts of storage.

eupher15

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've got 1.96 gb free, 8.22 used for music, 742 for apps. I tend to be old school where I like to have my music library on board and not in the cloud.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
7.1gb left with 2 movies totaling about 3gb on it. I really don't see it as ever being an issue with me. I don't ever sit and watch movies on my phone, the only reason I have them on there is to show off that screen!

Charisma#WN

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
as on another thread, just get OTG cable for 5 bucks or less on ebay. now plug in any flash drive or an other usb device and your memory issues are GONE

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have just over 4 gigs left. I keep about 4-5 gigs of music on my phone. I have multiple playlists set up on my home network in about 5 gig blocks that I load up on my phone when I'm ready for a change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have 10.15 GB available. I have loaded most of what I need. Several weather apps. I have the OTG cable and HTC sync manager to grab my music, quickly, sync manager, it's good if you are computer challenged or short on time. I thought so anyway.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Profilerz

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
After putting all the apps, pictures, word, excel files, and music I still have over 6 gigs left. On a side note I also have a 64GB wi drive I put all my video's on that I originally used with my Nexus 7 but it also works great with the dna.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I am at 6.20GB free after loading everything I had on my Thunderbolt, minus the crap I never used or played. I still have probably 4 or 5 games I will never play but they are smaller so no big deal. I still have plenty of room for music as I download, pictures as I take and games as they come out. Plus, I just got the OTG cable working so I have that option as well. Most of my apps are on my tablet though. Much nicer to play games and surf on. The phone gets me through the day until I can bust out the tablet though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa