Internet is using 70-75% of battery after firmware update

rstripes72071#WN

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the DNA firmware update, my battery barely lasts 24 hours without me even using it! When i check to see what is using the battery, it shows me that internet is using a whopping 70-75% of the battery. Is anyone else seeing this, and if so, have you found a solution? FYI, i haven't done a hard reset yet, just a soft one.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery life suffered a bit after update as well...came from rezound so it was still great by comparison. Lol!! Did hard reset last night...battery is back to fantastic status so far today:-D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You know what, I didn't think to check what made my battery die yesterday, but I pulled it off the charger at 9 AM, and barely even TOUCHED the phone all day because I was at work, and when I went to make a call at 7 o'clock, it died mid call!! What the hell! My phone lasts longer than that even with heavy use regularly! Today it seemed to be going down pretty quickly, but not as fast as yesterday. Crazy. How do I do a hard reset on this phone?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know how to do a hard reset as well. Also, if I do a hard reset, do I lose any data/information on my phone?

You can hard reset under backup and reset in settings. Otherwise in recovery from power down. Yes you'll lose all data and settings if you don't have restore checked for basic settings. You can choose not to loose pics and other media but i've never tried to see if it actually works. I'm contemplating a hard reset myself as this is annoying.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not for me. Internet is normally always one of my top apps, but never over 20%

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367641340168.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367641340168.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 41

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I performed a little experiment last night and fully charged my phone, restarted it, and put it into airplane mode overnight. Sure enough, the battery dropped to 80%. The culprit:
uploadfromtaptalk1367673936239.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367673954807.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367673976161.jpg

It looks like the browser is having some aberrant activity. I would do a factory reset today, but my laptop died yesterday and I'm away from my desktop.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I performed a little experiment last night and fully charged my phone, restarted it, and put it into airplane mode overnight. Sure enough, the battery dropped to 80%. The culprit:
View attachment 67061
View attachment 67062
View attachment 67063

It looks like the browser is having some aberrant activity. I would do a factory reset today, but my laptop died yesterday and I'm away from my desktop.

That is so weird... Have you tried clearing the cache for internet? May not help, but it is worth a try before doing a factory reset.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

rstripes72071#WN

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I did the hard reset, and my battery issue is gone! I now am back to normal with great battery life! I know a hard reset can be a pain, but it was worth it for me!

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I solved the issue! I discovered it here. The problem is with sync in your google account. I just turned mine off completely but there's more detailed instructions on how to fix it. Go to Settings>Accounts>your Google account and turn off browser. Problem solved instantly!