Making the Leap to the DInc 2

timber6

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I normally don't post around here, just rummage through everyone else's posts researching phones. I've had my OG Droid for 2 years & it's starting to show it's age so after all my research (& the 1cent price point on Amazon) I'm getting my 1st HTC phone & getting the DInc 2!

I played with all the 4G phones, & as much as I would love the latest tech, I need my phone to work as a phone & not die within the workday. The lack of battery life really turned me off on all the 4G phones (& the Bionic I had my eye on once my upgrade was available was delayed for the 83rd time)...

My DInc 2 is supposed to arrive on the 15th (even tho it's 2 day shipping, hoping it comes sooner) but I'll update and let you guys know what I think. If you have any advice on any apps I need to install or things I should keep a look out for, I'm all ears!

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Well since you've already had the OG Droid, my guess is you have a pretty good handle on the apps you like. There's a thread here where people are listing the issues they've had with this phone. Personally, I had the OG Inc, and loved it. Aside from the current inability to root this phone like my last one, I see it as an all-around improvement. Hope you enjoy yours. :)

Edit: I also believe you will enjoy the Sense experience on this phone... It's different than Moto, but its clean, and with this phone on gingerbread, its really smooth and clean.

Sent from my DInc 2

timber6

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
@Saiyajin thanks for the advice...

I just activated the phone a couple of hours ago...I've been messing around with it (of course) and it is REALLY smooth! I've got Gingerbread running & I'm about to download some more stuff & figure out how to get the new market on my phone.

Coming from my OG Droid, it's definitely a different experience, but so far I'm enjoying Sense & if someone asked about a 3G phone, I'd recommend the Inc2

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea its a nice phone. I also had a d1 and a fascinate, much better than both. Snappy and crazy good battery.

Sent from my Inc2

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
@Saiyajin thanks for the advice...

I just activated the phone a couple of hours ago...I've been messing around with it (of course) and it is REALLY smooth! I've got Gingerbread running & I'm about to download some more stuff & figure out how to get the new market on my phone.

Coming from my OG Droid, it's definitely a different experience, but so far I'm enjoying Sense & if someone asked about a 3G phone, I'd recommend the Inc2

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Sent from my DInc 2

mikells43

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
ive had the droid x, droid 2, and droid 2 global, and og droid(didnt use it much as a phone though), also had the inc 1, the inc 2 is by far the best, its basically the thunderbolt with no 4g and diff features, the all black design is awesome. and u wolnt be dissapointed, also the screen is tough as heck its not gorilla glass but mine doesn't even have 1 scratch and i dont use a protector(i see no point in them), the one flaw is the back cover antenna design, make sure u snap it on all the way and ull be good, dont let it sit on loosely or u will bend the tabs. i got the ext battery from vzw also and i love it too, its a bit thick but what do u expect haha. good luck and enjoy!

lakester

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just posted a similar thread..., sorry 'bout that!

But..., one of the key questions for me related to the relative phone/signal performance of the DINC2 vs OG Droid.

Haven't seen any negative comments thus far in that regard...

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a big fan of the extended battery option, on any phone. They're expensive, they require a modified door, and they narrow the range of cases and holsters you can use.

For the same or less money, you can buy an additional battery and universal AC charger. The slim battery fits neatly in my pocket. If I have a low battery, I can swap it out in about two minutes (with reboot).

In terms of features and performance, I have been very happy with the DI2 (dual core processor would have been nice). VZW's 4G LTE phones have no value for me. I live in a VZW LTE market area, but I can't get 3G coverage at work. So there is no reason to believe I would get LTE. And I use WiFi at home.

But if you want "4G", don't let the battery issue turn you off. The battery swap method I described above is a practical if imperfect solution.

No regrets on the DI2. It's not everything I want in a phone, but it is the best choice of the VZW phones currently available. Speaking of VZW phones, did I mention that you can't do a battery swap in that "other" very popular smart phone from VZW? But you knew that already, didn't you . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez