Keyboard changed?

Sandra Arnold

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
As of Sunday, 9/8/13, my incredible 4g lte keyboard again has the mic button that I hate. For a long time, that button was used primarily for the "?" Or if you long-pressed it, you could get "!". So why is it gone all of a sudden and how can get get it back? I'm using perfect keyboard but it doesn't seem to allow some words that girl use all the time....words that my phone used before. Any help is much appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As of Sunday, 9/8/13, my incredible 4g lte keyboard again has the mic button that I hate. For a long time, that button was used primarily for the "?" Or if you long-pressed it, you could get "!". So why is it gone all of a sudden and how can get get it back? I'm using perfect keyboard but it doesn't seem to allow some words that girl use all the time....words that my phone used before. Any help is much appreciated.

Have you always used perfect keyboard even before these changes happened? If you have, take a look through the settings and see if there are options to disable the microphone or certain keyboard keys with preferred characters. It's a bit odd that this happened on it's own. Though, I would guess it accidentally happened at some point and you were not made aware of the change until you noticed the change on the keyboard.

Sandra Arnold

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
No. I always used the stock keyboard. It used to have that aggravating mic button and then, to my delight, it was replaced by a question mark button. Now it is back to the aggravating mic button. That is why I downloaded perfect keyboard. I am ready to unintelligible it cuz it doesn't have the phone layout. I don't care for qwerty keyboards at all.