Signal - Not very good

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So I have a Motorola Droid sitting next to my HTC Incredible and my Motorola gets 3 bars and my Inc. get 1 bar.

Any thoughts, and yes they are right next to each other.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I have a Motorola Droid sitting next to my HTC Incredible and my Motorola gets 3 bars and my Inc. get 1 bar.

Any thoughts, and yes they are right next to each other.

Thoughts? It's an indicator problem until you see loss of coverage?

I have had only one dropoff...a location where service sucks anyway. It dropped to 1V coverage.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Stop looking at the signal bar. Open up settings > about phone > signal strength. Examine the DBM on both devices. That is your true indicator of signal strength, not the bars.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Stop looking at the signal bar. Open up settings > about phone > signal strength. Examine the DBM on both devices. That is your true indicator of signal strength, not the bars.

i've always wondered (but not enough until now to go find an answer)

what's better on that, a higher (less negative, closer to 0) number or a lower (more negative) number?

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Moto Droid = -56 dBM
HTC Incredible = -59 dBM

siting on table right next to each other.

The 3G symbol on my Incredible does disappear often, but surfing the web still feels fast (web pages display quickly even without the 3G symbol).

In the real world, I have dropped calls with the incredible in places where the Moto Droid held them. That does make me suspect of the Incredible's ability to pull signal.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
In boy genis report's review stated that thed signal was weaker on the incredible compared to the motarola droid