Droid Incredible Feature Request Thread

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna throw in one more request and ask for a tiny vacuum to suck the lint out of the front speaker grill. I can't get this stuff out for the life of me.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
-TV Output to HD through component/HDMI
-Also would like to remove CityID
-Allow phone storage for app installs
-better merging of Outlook contacts/Google contacts and make the avatars update correctly in Google Voice/Google Talk

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd like the touch responses to be more responsive. The processor is way too fast to have that half second delay when scrolling or typing. Other than that this phone is the shyt!

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd like the touch responses to be more responsive. The processor is way too fast to have that half second delay when scrolling or typing. Other than that this phone is the shyt!

Mine is super fast, but I do wish the spacebar was more sensative. I find my typing accurate except for the space.

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine is super fast, but I do wish the spacebar was more sensative. I find my typing accurate except for the space.

Have you done anything to make yours faster? I also have a slight delay when it rotates into landscape. I had a first gen iPhone and that was always very responsive. This phone is much better than the iPhone just seems to have a tiny lag to it.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually there's one more thing I noticed that I thought would be cool, but it's probably a PITA to implement.

I use the HTC Messages widget, which works great for me. The only thing that bothers me about it is that if I flick over to the screen it's on when I have a new message, the new message indicator doesn't go away. Even though I'm looking at it I still have to go into the messages app itself in order to get it to go away.

I guess it's no biggie, it was something that annoyed me on my Tour that just carried over to the Incredible.

Last edited:

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
- Ability to use flash LED with video
- Ability to set flash on/off settings and have it remember my preferences.
- Dedicated camera button (Push once to open camera app, push again to take photo)
- Control capacitive button lights (too bright)
- Better Facebook sync, more options to control multiple profiles of same contact
- Uninstall City ID
- Speaker vent on top of the phone so it's not muffled when laying on it's back
- Louder sounds (ringers, notifications)
- Charging contacts for docks
- Larger desktop clock with weather in landscape mode
- Bigger notification LED and color options
- Better (or dedicated) video player

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Oh, and I just got an email and noticed something else...

- Option to Reply, Reply All, Forward at TOP of Gmail app emails.

In Gmail's app, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the email to reply or reply all. This should be an option at the top of the email or by long pressing.

I just got an LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGG email I had to scroll for 4 miles just to say, "ok"

ecksit

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Better photo organization
standalone video player/organizer
Facebook/calendar sync
cityID removal

hardware:
Dedicated hard camera button
bigger battery

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
why do yall hate city id so much? is it taking up so much memory or draining a battery that bad? or is it so annoying to see the city that a person is calling from that much as it is probably the same city that you live in? what is it about city id that you all hate? i honestly don't get it...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
you can't uninstall it and after it expires, you get prompted that it's a trial and to pay $1.99 a month..

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I like city Id. I think its cool it tells me where people are calling from. Even though I don't get many calls and its usually my mom and I know where she always is.........

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
if I really needed to know where people are calling from I can Google the area code or just ask the person on the phone. This is something that I really don't see the point of unless their marketing to towards business users.

I dont like the pop up messages.

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Add to the list:

sync Notes with MS Exchange similar to how Blackberry does

Also a Messaging program that allows multiple users and conversations at once - similar to BB Messenger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii