Experiencing lag?

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!
I got my incredible on the release date ( I was lucky enough to get my upgrade date pushed up a month in advance) so I've had it for about 3 days now. I've done some web browsing and I also downloaded skyfire. Now here's the issue I've been having and I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. When I flick side to side to access the different layout screens I notice it lags a little (almost like a shutter of lag but noticeable) and also when I'm scrolling through my programs to access different ones. I've tried putting the programs menu in list mode but it still does it and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem? I know its something small but its an annoyance and when you have to shell out 200+ bucks, you definitely want things to be perfect. I'm wondering bc if no one else has, I may just have a defective device.

Thanks in advance guys!

-biz

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If there's one thing this phone doesn't have, it's a lag issue. What 3rd party apps do you have installed - if any? Are you willing to try a hard reset?

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely do a hard reset but I haven't looked around to see how to do it yet. I have imobster, a similar war game to that, tower def game, I had task killers but I got rid of them,look out av, and a few other apps. I noticed this after I clicked on a link by accident on a site I was on. I tried to uninstall skyfire and reinstall to see if that would fix it but lookout av says there's no viruses or anything on here but I can see the lag. It's not smooth, its choppy when I scroll. If I do a hard reset will I lose all my contacts? I know their on my SD card but I just didn't know. I just put ROMs on here along w/ music (this was after the lag occurred) so would it wipe this clean? Also apps I paid for in the market place, can I download them w/o another charge?

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Live wallpaper seems to add a very small but perceptible amount of lag to the home screens.

Well mine is actually not on the home screen but more so on the programs list that I notice it the most. Sometimes when I even scroll through websites I also notice it after the page has fully loaded.

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Well mine is actually not on the home screen but more so on the programs list that I notice it the most. Sometimes when I even scroll through websites I also notice it after the page has fully loaded.

Fairly certain minor lag on occasion in the app drawer is normal on any Android phone.

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Viruses? It's a phone, viruses aren't really a problem.

Well I know android OS is a form of Linux and since their are root files and system files there could always be viruses made. Unknown if anyone's made em yet for the OS as this is my first android phone but phones have basically become hand held computers so anythings possible

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would definitely do a hard reset but I haven't looked around to see how to do it yet. I have imobster, a similar war game to that, tower def game, I had task killers but I got rid of them,look out av, and a few other apps. I noticed this after I clicked on a link by accident on a site I was on. I tried to uninstall skyfire and reinstall to see if that would fix it but lookout av says there's no viruses or anything on here but I can see the lag. It's not smooth, its choppy when I scroll. If I do a hard reset will I lose all my contacts? I know their on my SD card but I just didn't know. I just put ROMs on here along w/ music (this was after the lag occurred) so would it wipe this clean? Also apps I paid for in the market place, can I download them w/o another charge?

If it still does this after rebooting the phone, I would probably do a hard reset.

If you are syncing your contacts with Gmail, Exchange or HTC sync, they will all come back. You can also export/import them to/from your SD card as you alluded to above.

Yes, your apps will show up in the market if you open market and then click menu>downloads.

If I had to make any guesses, I would blame the slowdown on your AV app, task killer, and possibly Skyfire.

Sebastianraven

May 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
If there's one thing this phone doesn't have, it's a lag issue. What 3rd party apps do you have installed - if any? Are you willing to try a hard reset?

I'm going to have to agree. This is fast as hell. Also, with all the programs I have going on, I just have a battery issue (but again, I'm blaming me for that).

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I know android OS is a form of Linux and since their are root files and system files there could always be viruses made. Unknown if anyone's made em yet for the OS as this is my first android phone but phones have basically become hand held computers so anythings possible

Absolutely false. Hope you didn't pay for the AV app.

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I may just go back into vzw tomorrow and see if anyone else has been complaining of the issue and get another one. I removed the task killer and ill also remove the AV, just when I saw and av out for this I thought to myself, " man I better make sure I download it!" I don't think i have my contacts synced to anything. I have them on my SD card but other than that, nothing

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely false. Hope you didn't pay for the AV app.

Nah, didn't pay for it, just a freebie. Only reason I say that is bc when I first got my blackberry 8330 I did get a virus on it. I know its odd and i don't remember how exactly I got it but it was a java script one and it caused my memory to drop to 5mb on start up. Had to wipe the phone, no joke. Never found out what it was (it was in the first week I bought it.) But after the OS wipe and reinstalling the os, it was gone.

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Nah, didn't pay for it, just a freebie. Only reason I say that is bc when I first got my blackberry 8330 I did get a virus on it. I know its odd and i don't remember how exactly I got it but it was a java script one and it caused my memory to drop to 5mb on start up. Had to wipe the phone, no joke. Never found out what it was (it was in the first week I bought it.) But after the OS wipe and reinstalling the os, it was gone.

Viruses can't be written in Javascript, Javascript doesn't have any real access to your system, the most it can do is trick you into installing actual malicious software.

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I do remember I was on a site w/ where users uploaded their own files to download ota and I remember executing it and all bell broke loose. I kno little about coding, did alittle C++ back in HS but I remember when I clicked it, shortly after I did reformayted the OS on there.

bizN

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Well either or, I uninstall the av app. Now I just have to figure out how to sync my contacts up and hard reset this bc its driving me nuts now.

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I do remember I was on a site w/ where users uploaded their own files to download ota and I remember executing it and all bell broke loose. I kno little about coding, did alittle C++ back in HS but I remember when I clicked it, shortly after I did reformayted the OS on there.

That doesn't really have anything to do with javascript. It probably wasn't even malicious, just poorly coded.

In any case, installing antivirus on your phone is of extremely questionable benefit given the paucity of viruses and the fact that it uses actual battery, CPU, and memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez