Google voice acts strangely playing messages

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
When i get a voicemail, and click the little "Play" button, invariably the voicemail will start playing, but then for no clear reason just stop all of a sudden, and I have to hit play again. Sometimes it will do this 2 or 3 times during the playback. It doesn't sound like much, but it's SUPER annoying! Has anyone else noticed this, or discovered a fix? It seems like bug, but I'm not sure.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
When i get a voicemail, and click the little "Play" button, invariably the voicemail will start playing, but then for no clear reason just stop all of a sudden, and I have to hit play again. Sometimes it will do this 2 or 3 times during the playback. It doesn't sound like much, but it's SUPER annoying! Has anyone else noticed this, or discovered a fix? It seems like bug, but I'm not sure.

Check in the Market if there is an update available to the application. If not, uninstall it, then re-install it in the Market. If that doesn't work check back here

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Funny no one else chimed in on this problem, because apparently it wasn't just me! Google Voice update was released today, and Android central notes that one of the updates is a bug fix for having to push the voicemail button twice. I've updated, and from what I can tell my problem is solved! Hopefully they'll keep releasing updates, I still think Google voice has some room for improvement.

http://www.androidcentral.com/googl...des-fix-sms-and-voicemail-notification-delays