email send failing on wi-fi

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting send fails for a pop3 account when on wi-fi even when it's showing a full signal. As soon as I switch to the mobile network, it sends. This also brought up a sort of PIA moment... is there a setting that determines how many times it will try to resend and/or a setting to tweak the fail notifications. I'm getting one fail notice after another when this happens. Real annoyance.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about other types of accounts, but Yahoo mail does not seem to work over WiFi. Not sure why but it's happened to me and I've seen other posts about this.

hawkeye_droid

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem with my exchange account. It will still send out Gmail via wifi, but not exchange. I assumed it was because I was trying to send out while connected to my office wifi due to the different internal/external ip addresses of the exchange server. Is there a way to force email to use the data connection even when connected to wifi?

Madame X

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Can't send email over wifi? I think I have a solution

My problem was that I could receive emails over wifi, but could not send them at all, from several accounts (private domains). I have a gmail email account, but wasn't using it on this phone; however, I still have the account, and went over to gmail, logged in, and looked up the settings for sending email via Outlook or other email client - I entered the SMTP settings only into my phone for each account, leaving the POP settings alone - voila, instantly worked! I'm so happy, it seemed utterly lame to have to turn off my Wifi to be able to send an email.

Hope this helps someone! I have gotten so much great technical advice from user forums that I decided it's time for me to give back (now that I actually may have something to contribute :) )

Thanks!

TheFLCracker

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting send fails for a pop3 account when on wi-fi even when it's showing a full signal. As soon as I switch to the mobile network, it sends. This also brought up a sort of PIA moment... is there a setting that determines how many times it will try to resend and/or a setting to tweak the fail notifications. I'm getting one fail notice after another when this happens. Real annoyance.

My issue is exactly opposite. Can't send from my Road Runner pop account while on 3G. I can receive on 3G. When I'm on WiFi it works perfect. I have called VZW and Road Runner with my issue and still haven't answers.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk!

joelangley

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using a third party email client? You can try my app: MailDroid or you can try another application on the market called k9. They are different and each has flaws, but they may help you.