Contest: Win one of 10 cases from Seidio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's Android contest time, boys and girls, and the folks at Seidio are offering up a whopping 10 cases for the Droid Incredible. We're giving away five from the Innocase Active line and five from the Innocase Rugged line.

To win, all you have to do is post in this thread about a horror story or near miss in which a case could have saved your Droid. Contest will run through 5 p.m. EDT Sunday, at which time we'll pick the winners.

Oh, and if you do win, we want to see your phone clad in the case, so get ready to snap a pic or two and post back here.

Good luck!

dude0909

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I was holding my incredible at waist level one day talking to my parents, and my dog had just got back from the vet and he was on valium, he was stumbling around and suddenly i felt something tugging on my arm, i look down and my dog had my phone like a vice grip in his jaws, I panicked and ripped it out as fast as I could, causing 3 huge unremovable scratches on the back of the phone and one down the middle of the screen. Priceless story, but I wish I had a case on it.

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I leaned over in the bathroom to get something off of a shelf and my phone dropped into the toilet! Thankfully it had been recently flushed. My "knee jerk" reaction was to reach in and snatch it out as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the water had quickly leaked into the ports. If I had had a case, it probably would have protected the ports long enough. And then all I would have had to do was steralize the phone!

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was walking down the street and went to pull my incredible out of my pocket and it slipped out of my hands and fell on the sidewalk.

If i had a case it wouldn't of slipped. :)

IAmTTim

Dec 26, 2008
smirkandsmile.blogspot.com
Am I the only one who has dropped their DROID before? Surely not. I've dropped it on concrete, tile, dirt and a couple other places. I have been REALLY luck that I haven't broken it.

Can I get a case please? Maybe? With sugar on it?

dannygberg

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I was in the subway station waiting for the train and the floor of the station was made of concrete. There's an escalator down to the subway platform and oftentimes people will come DARTING down the escalator in order to catch the train in time.

Well I'm standing there and this guy comes flying around the corner and crashes into me. My Incredible goes flying but lands on its back and slides across the platform, a couple feet from falling onto the tracks.

Somehow there was no damage to the phone itself, but it's not a chance I'd like to take again. I could sure use a case! :)

timbck2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a dog (a young pit bull mix) who is very destructive. She likes to chew everything within reach. One day she retrieved my phone from the kitchen counter where I keep it (when it isn't in my pocket) and started playing with it. Luckily, I caught her in the act before she did any damage (though there is a small tooth mark on the back cover). A case would have protected the phone from her, at least for a little while.

dude0909

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I was walking down the street and went to pull my incredible out of my pocket and it slipped out of my hands and fell on the sidewalk.

If i had a case it wouldn't of slipped. :)

Haha that happened to me when I first got my HTC Fuze (touchpro).

My friends made fun of me for like a year after that, cause it was my first hour with the phone

kangalex

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
during my 4th of july bbq, i had my phone in my shirt breast pocket and when i reached over to get some buns for the hotdogs it slipped out and landed on the grill. luckily it landed on it's back and not on it's beautiful amoled screen, but now it's got some grilled lines on the back of it :( a case would have kept it safe and pretty

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Short and simple. I was riding my bike along the beach and had my Droid Incredible in my pocket. Get a call and as I'm pulling the phone out (while still riding) it flies out of my hand. Luckily it took one bounce and ended up in the sand. Wish I had a case then!

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Had a close call: I got into my car, put my phone in my shirt pocket and drove to Dunkin Donuts. As I got out of the car, a couple of quarters came out of my pants pocket and dropped to the ground. Naturally wanting to pick them up, I then proceeded to bend over to pick them up. TOTALLY FORGETTING the phone in my pocket. Like a scene from the Matrix in slo-mo, my hands shot out and caught the phone before hitting the ground. All this drama for a lousy 50 cents.:eek:

ktownhero

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I love my Incredible, but it is actually a bit thin and narrow for my hands. I was playing a little Radiant Lite while killing time at work in the bathroom. As I stood up to leave the phone slipped out of my hand and almost went into the toilet, but luckily I caught it right as it fell. A case would have provided the little extra girth and grip to prevent this type of thing from happening!

ManFr0mmarz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was on vacation a few weeks ago with my family and we went to Six Flags. They have this roller coaster there called The Batman. The roller coaster is full of twists and turns and even goes upside down. Well I waiting in line for an hour to ride it, and when I finally got on I put my phone in the side pocket of my cargo shorts and buttoned it. On the ride when we were upside down my phone slipped out and I saw it go falling down. It almost happened in slow motion. Long story short one of the buttons on my pockets broke and I found my phone shattered on the concrete. My replacement Incredible just arrived a few days ago. :) I don't think a case would've saved it from a 100ft drop straight onto the concrete, but it woulda looked mighty cool falling!

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My shorts have a small special pocket for cell phones. The pocket is in the front and when walking there is no issue or is there? Two problems occur one is when you lean up against a work truck to get something out of the back your leg presses up against the truck in a fashion that puts undue pressure on my Incredible.

The other problem is when you sit down and cross your legs the phone slips right out and CRASH to the ground. If I had a great case such as the Seidio then I would not worry as much that my Incredible would break or get scratched up.

Thank you Seidio for your consideration and keep up the great work to protect our smartphones.

justapps

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was taking a very aggravating tech call at work. It was aggravating because she was computer illiterate. I had the office phone against my shoulder to my ear. I had my new Incredible in my hand. I swung my office chair around and lost my hold on my Incredible. It only fell about two feet, but it hit the carpet protector for my office chair. I quickly picked up the Incredible. There was a very small chip beside of the screen in the black plastic part. I was so ticked. I know this Seidio case would have prevented this chip.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Like most people on here, if you have a smart phone, you are probably a multi-tasker. Well I had just gotten out of my car and was walking to my office with my laptop case, keys in hand, cup of coffee (maybe more of a necessity than my phone), and some papers. Being the cool customer that I think I am, I try to slide my phone into my pocket as I'm walking, all the while trying not to spill my precious java on myself. Well, needless to say, when I let go of my phone I was sure it was in my pocket, but it wasn't and it fell right on the pavement. Thankfully it landed on the back of phone and the only casualty was some scratches on the back, which would go unnoticed if I had a nice case to cover it up with!

raulwelder

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
to scared

im to scared to even lay my phone down im like an over protective parent so the case would really help me out. hope i win i switched sites (crackberry to androidcentral) so lets see if it was a rewarding change

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was by the pool with my phone when I slipped, I lost the phone and it bounced off the concrete and almost went into the pool. The corner is scratched up just a bit, but otherwise it held up great. Not sure it would have survived had it been a couple inches closer to the pool...

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if a case would have saved my DINC or not but I was fiddling with my phone in the bathroom near an open lidded toilet...see where I'm going? I was thinking to myself "don't drop the Droid, don't drop the Droid!". What did I do? Started to drop the Droid and what must have looked like a football folley fumble I was literally juggling a Droid Inc in mid air directly over the open toilet ball. Fortunately it fell to the left on the floor but it could have been disaster had it hit water! I think my heart stopped beating for a moment... I don't like feeling like that!

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was heading outside to clean up the backyard when my Droid Incredible start ringing. I went to answer the phone and it slipped out of my hand (obviously I don't have a case for it) and fell in dog poop. I was devastated. Not easy to clean a phone that just fell in s#!t. If I had a case I would have been able to take the case off and just have to clean the case. Believe me, I need that Seidio case so that this never happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa