New to Droid Incredible

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Finally gave up on the Storm 2, and have a couple Incredibles coming tomorrow. Where do I start? What are the "must have" apps, and where do I find them? Can't wait to have phone that actually works and does what it's supposed to do.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
There are many amazing apps that are all available in the market. My favorites are beautiful widgets, Touiteur, fox news, and weatherbug elite.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
My apps that I use a lot are:
-Seesmic
-Engadget
-Fox News
-Weatherbug Elite
-ROM Manager*
-screenshots*

*indicates they are for rooted phones.

The place to get all the apps is the App Market; it comes pre-installed on the phone, so it is very similar to Apple's App Store. Alternatively, you can use AppBrain for the same thing; the twist is it has a web interface, so you can use it on your computer. Either way, you'll get apps.

If you plan on rooting, I highly suggest you read as much as you can about it, and then follow this: Howto: Root the HTC Droid Incredible ?€“ Technology ?€“ Jonamerica.com

You'd also probably like to know that the DROID Incredible is rumored to be receiving an OTA (over the air) update, which includes Android 2.2 'Froyo' in the coming weeks. Basically, this will give you better performance in apps (up to 4-5x as much in actual use), Adobe Flash support, and plenty of other little tweaks that make the OS much more usable.

Regardless, it's a good time to be an Incredible owner ;)

NakkiNyan

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Finally gave up on the Storm 2, and have a couple Incredibles coming tomorrow. Where do I start? What are the "must have" apps, and where do I find them? Can't wait to have phone that actually works and does what it's supposed to do.
I keep wondering if I can give up my 4.3" screen for an Incredible, I want to hear your remarks. I hate my DroidX ...

If only these things had sim cards... I would have an Evo 4G, Sprint sucks here though.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I keep wondering if I can give up my 4.3" screen for an Incredible, I want to hear your remarks. I hate my DroidX ...

If only these things had sim cards... I would have an Evo 4G, Sprint sucks here though.

Well personally if you don't like your Droid X, the Incredible is the best choice for you (if you want to stick with Android). It's even arguable that the incredible is a better device than the X. I'd recommend it. The screen is large enough for me, and it's super quick.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, I love my Incredible. And one of the best things about it is the size and feel in the hand. Coming from iWorld, I didn't believe HTC could make hardware to rival the feel of the iPhone and iPod touch. God, was I wrong. The Incredible is about the same size as the iPhone, although it is narrower. That makes all the difference to me; it's great!

NakkiNyan

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
It really has to be android, i had an iPhone so switching to a BB or Palm would not fly with me. Not bashing either one, just not for me. The 4 buttons and the camera button all drive me nuts.

Any way, not the point, Thanks for the list JKK!

MW2 Madman

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The incredible is an amazing phone. The only gripe you will hear from me is battery life, however I/ you can always buy a larger one.
The only thing is my wife is now jealous of my phone and it looks like I am going to have to buy another one for her.

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am an appaholic.

I love apporganizer (allows you to put apps in categories, then you can add a folder to any category on a homescreen. I have all my apps in categories and folders on a homescreen. I never use app drawer. You can customize the icons for each category too!)

I use Skyfire (has limited flash) or Dolphin browser
Handcent for SMS/MMS
RadioTime streams radio from around the world (2.99 sometimes a bit choppy)
Jorte (I like it better than stock calendar)
OurGroceries (you can use for shopping list/to do lists and sync with another phone!!)
AK notepad for notes
Timeriffic (allows you to change volume settings based on time/day)
Weatherbug free (I like the widget too)
Meridian (music player)
DoubleTwist (I use to sync my itunes playlists)
Picsay (to make fun edits to pics)
Bible
Ringtone (free ringtones)
Ringdroid (edit mp3 for sound/ringtones)
Ringo Lite (to assign ringtones/notifications)
IMDB (I like the app)
Shopsavvy (scan barcode for where you can buy and pricing!!!)
Handycards (you scan in your frequent shoppers cards and then they can scan it off your phone)
Places directory/Where to find businesses and such when traveling

APPBRAIN (you should be on it already..... pick apps, and then when you get phone, download AppBrain app and sync!!!! it will help you get all apps!)

Goofy Fun junk:

Talk to me cloud (voice to voice translator!)
Android Lightsaber
Shazzam (recognizes music playing, gives you artist, album and title!)
Bubble (makes your phone a bubble level)
FXCamera
Solo lite (play guitar on your phone)

Games (puzzle/numbers and such):
Backgammon lite
Cribbage Pro
mPuzzle (sudoku kakuro and many other number games)
Paper toss
YahtC Classic
Droid Mini golf Free
Grid Droid

There is a small list of my favorite apps!!

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, please keep them coming. I read something about ROoting, but didn't have time to look to deep into it. What does it do for you, and is something highly recommended?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress