OTA link

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Got it installed.
If you are getting that error where it can't find the file, make sure the file is on the SD card not your phone. I was getting the same error, because I thought i had dropped it in the root directory of my card, but had accidently dropped it in my phone storage.

teslatech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I download the file, put on the sdcard did the instructions to the t works great for me. I put the instructions on the vz community and got alot of comments that said that if i did this install that i wouldn't get further update in the future. Is this a true statement or they blowing smoke up you know what?

We are doing everything the way it normaly comes out. We are using stock recovery and the very download that was sent to my phone.

Plus more then half the peeps here will just install clockwork, root and be back to a hacked phone in no time. Then when the next update comes out we will unroot put the stock recovery back on and be back here again.

Plus look we defeated the OTA push from verizon once. Why do you not think we could do it again.

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
OMG after almost 12 hours of doing it i finally got it to work!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN UPDATED SUCCESSFULLY TO VERSION 3.21.605.1.

hope thats the right version

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OMG after almost 12 hours of doing it i finally got it to work!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN UPDATED SUCCESSFULLY TO VERSION 3.21.605.1.

hope thats the right version

Yeah, managed to finally get mine right. Big thing I was missing was that I went back from a rooted version to the stock version that didn't have the previous update. Once I put that mini update on, the Froyo update worked out with no problem. Thanks to all here and the fine folks over at xda-developers for the helpful tips.

QFC

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Keeps telling me,

assert failed: file_getprop("system/build.prop", "ro.builed.fingerprint") == "verison/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ere27/161494:user/release-keys" I I

and a whole bunch more. WTF please help.

edarchitect

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you

I downloaded the update, followed the instructions and now have 2.2 running on the Dinc. All of you that contributed to getting the download file and getting us instruction, thank you very much.

Wonder why Verizon couldn't have done that?

tapebreaker

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
We are doing everything the way it normaly comes out. We are using stock recovery and the very download that was sent to my phone.

Plus more then half the peeps here will just install clockwork, root and be back to a hacked phone in no time. Then when the next update comes out we will unroot put the stock recovery back on and be back here again.

Plus look we defeated the OTA push from verizon once. Why do you not think we could do it again.
Is this really the case?

QFC

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for the help!!!!

After trying all day to fix my phone I got it. Thank you anyone and everyone who had something to do with this!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Is this really the case?

Yes, this is the actual Verizon OTA. Not a hack, not a leak, not a Cooked ROM. This is the Real Deal. The only difference between what you would have gotten vs. what we did was to pull the update rather than accept the "pushed" update.

Hope this helps.

tapebreaker

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is the actual Verizon OTA. Not a hack, not a leak, not a Cooked ROM. This is the Real Deal. The only difference between what you would have gotten vs. what we did was to pull the update rather than accept the "pushed" update.

Hope this helps.
Yes it does. Much appreciated. Thanks for the prompt response!

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Note when you connect the phone to the PC and set the phone to disk drive it will show up as TWO drives - one is the phone memory and one is the SD card. Make sure you are putting update.zip on the card! I did it three times before I realized what I was doing - I have a 16gb card so should have noticed drive size difference but didn't....just my 2 cents.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does. Much appreciated. Thanks for the prompt response!

No problem.

Remember there is no such thing as http Push, all web servers respond to requests. Same with E-mail like POP. The Push is a behind the scenes Pull done by the software. The software then alerts you that something has been pulled down when it finds something. The key is when the behind the scenes Pull is triggered, either by a timer or by an event capture of some sort.