Change entry method for date/time in the calendar/alarm apps?

Kat#AC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I am using the calendar and alarm clock that comes on the Droid Incredible. They are working well for me except for the method of entering dates and times. You have to scroll through the numbers, but my thumb is often too fast or slow to actually get to the number I want in one touch. (Ex: If I want to enter the time 7:45, I might scroll past the 7 and have to lightly touch to go backwards a few numbers, while, to get all the way to 45, I have to scroll several times.)

Is there a way to change this entry method? I'd love to just have a number pad and be able to punch in each number.

Thanks!

eddyboston

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I just got an Android, and I can't believe how clunky the interface is for entering times! Especially considering how elegant the rest of the interface is. It takes about 50 touches to set an alarm. I'm tempted to learn Android development and create a "Simple Alarm" app that does the right thing. It should be a total of five touches: click the "set alarm" shortcut, click 7, then 4, then 5, then OK.

I know this is an old question, but does anybody have a solution to this before I start brushing up on my Java chops?
-Eddie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress