Win a Droid Incredible from Android Central! (contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

808bb#AC

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
A life long bb (My BlackBerry History: 6750 => 7100 => 7250 => Curve => Storm => Tour) user finally deciding to make the jump come April 29th. Technology that is top shelf for the business, social users of this cell phone age. High Tech Computer Corporation has made the cell phone a must have device for anyone. The apps cover all aspects a cell phone should have, from corporate email to social networking. One word...Incredible.

fishguy622

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the HTC eris and have been waiting and waiting for the 2.1 update that was promised on 11/13 when I bought it. I would love the 2.1 on the Incredible as well as the larger screen for my squinting eyes. Also the speed would be awesome!!!

redkos

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Merciless with Droid Incredible

I would be merciless with my Droid Incredible and wring every last bit of functionality out of it that I could.

I'd start out easy with time and weather so I could better plan out my calendar which of course would be updated on the Incredible. I'd further tire it out with texts, e-mails, twitter and Facebook use. I have to keep connected to friends, family and co-workers. The beating would continue with nonstop web browsing. You know I have to keep up with all the important sites and blogs. I need my news and my Android Central fix. The incredible would be pushed further with multimedia use. I like to snap a picture when I'm out and about. I also need my music and video for those times when I'm traveling. working out or just killing time-good thing it comes with Bluetooth! I've just barely scratched the surface of all the uses I would have with the Incredible...like making or receiving a call...

Yeah, I would squeeze as much use out of the Incredible as it could give.

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I will free Neverland from the evil grip of Prince Steve Jobs

I will free Neverland from the evil grip of Prince Steve Jobs.

blazerjim

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely Incredible

With this device, I plan on taking photos of my baby girl when she arrives in three weeks. (almost) new daddy

-blazerjim

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
My Droid Incredible wakes me up with a custom alarm. I use it to check the weather, and plan my clothing accordingly. As I get dressed, I use my favorite Twitter client to inform my followers of my incredibly stylish outfit.

As I enjoy my breakfast I read the news on my Droid Incredible-that way I'll have something to make small talk about to people I meet throughout the day. I wash my dishes, hop on my bike and ride to school-but WAIT! On the way there, I witness an accident-a beautiful woman is hit by a car! What's worse, the car starts to drive away! Quickly, I whip out my phone, and take a picture of the car-thanks to my 8MP camera, using the pinch-to-zoom function, I can discern the make, model and license plate number of the car! The jerk driver won't get away this time!

Then I call 911 using voice dialing to report the accident. I jump off my bike and use my first aid app to assess the damage and treat the victim accordingly-she's just my age, and incredibly attractive. I use the search button to find several lawyers in the area, and copy their contact info into a message. Once the woman calms down, I get her number and send her the contact info of the lawyers along with the picture of the car that drove away so that she can sue them blind. The ambulance arrives and they find that other than severe bruising and a few scrapes, she is fine. She thanks me repeatedly, and hugs me before I get back on my bike to get to school. I tweet: "Just helped the HOTTEST woman ever after a car accident! Crazy day!"

I walk in late for class and my Human Anatomy professor looks livid. I've missed the quiz, and she sternly says "Late again? No retakes this time." and continues teaching. I forgot to study last night too...dang! I use my phone's PDF viewer to study the last class's notes anyway, and after class I tell my professor what happened. I show her the picture of the car, and the message I sent to the girl-she says she's impressed by my incredible passion for helping others and allows me to retake the quiz, which I ace thanks to my studying in class.

While heading to the nearest Einstien's for a quick lunch bagel, I get a text from the girl: "Thank you so much for helping me today...you were incredible. My name's Erika...would you like to get coffee with me tonight?" My heart is racing! The hottest woman ever just asked me out!!! Time for a facebook mobile status update: "BEST DAY EVER!!!"

The rest of my classes seem to just DRAG by as the anticipation for the big coffee date mounts. I pass the time through Statistics by trying out some games recommended on Android Central. On my way home, I notice a Bentley pass by. I catch up to it at the next light, and as I wait the rear right window rolls down. A man in a suit and sunglasses says in a New York accent, "Ay kid-where can I get a decent cup of koaffee? My idiot driva is loahst again." Strange...but I reply "Just a second, sir..." I voice search coffee shops and give him directions. "Tanks kid-heah, compensation foah ya troubles" With two fingers he tosses me a folded up bill out the window as it rolls up and the car pulls away. I grab and unfold the bill...$100!!! Yes!!! This day is just...(yeah, you know)

I go home, check my task manager app and start doing things. This gets a little exhausting so I grab a Red Bull from the fridge-so delicious! My coffee date is at 8pm, so I've got about two hours. I look up a recipe with my phone-pad thai! Perfect. It turns out perfectly, and I return to the site to rate the recipe five starts. I feel like really impressing this lovely girl Erika at my date, so I look up how to tie a bow tie and watch a few youtube vids while I'm in front of the mirror struggling. Finally I get it tied properly, and throw on my favorite high-tops. I capture my surprisingly attractive outfit and post it to twitpic (vanity is so arduous), then track the bus and make it to the stop just on time.

As I walk up to the Caribou, I realize it's closed and she's sitting on a bench nearby. She sees me and walks over. "Hey-so they're closed..." "Yeah, I noticed. How about I find us a nice dessert place instead?" "Oh that would be perfect" she replies. I find a 4.5-star rated dessert place nearby, but it's also classified as 'Expensive'...then I remember, WOW it's a good thing I gave that rich guy directions!

We make small talk on the way-I ask if she made progress on finding the driver, how she's feeling, etc. We learn we're both in school, we both love being in the city, enjoying nice dinners, dogs, and traveling. At this point I bring up the news I read earlier, "Hey did you see that tons of flights are cancelled because of that volcano erupting ash into the air?" She says "Yeah, my dad's private jet can't fly anywhere and he's got lots of important business meetings in London! He's been fuming about it all day..." I think to myself 'Wow...what have I gotten myself into?'

At the dessert place, we order one thing and share it-then we move on to champagne and our conversation becomes more intimate. Eventually, we see the employees cleaning up, and our server delivers the check-$79.43. I pay the bill with my $100 and say "Well this has been really fun...can I walk you to your car?" "I'd love that" she tells me. We walk about two blocks and approach a white Mercedes coupe-"Well, this is me...oh, but what am I thinking? I definitely can't drive like this! I only live a few more blocks though, will you walk me?"

At this point, I'm totally shocked. She drives a Benz? She's barely 22! And she lives close by? We're in one of the ritziest neighborhoods in the whole city! Of course I accept the walk, and to her house we go. At the door of a brand-new high rise, she turns towards me and grabs my waist. She eyes me longingly..."Here it is-this has been really nice. Thank you so much, for everything." "It was my pleasure, really. I'm so glad we met...even if under unfortunate circumstances." She's silent for a moment..."Would you like to come up to my place? My parents bought it for me since it's close to campus, and I live alone." My obvious reply: "I would love to."

We get off at the 60th floor and walk to her place-she goes to her room to change. I take the opportunity to pretend to peruse the view from her massive windows-but really, I know what's happening here. I open my Kama Sutra app and sort them by women's rankings. I memorize the first three positions that come up and return to home screen just as she comes out in a red satin robe. "How do you like movies? I have a tv in my bedroom..."

I follow her in and she starts taking off my clothes, eyeing me the entire time...

[ONE HOUR LATER]

She turns her head, kisses my neck and whispers in my ear: "Oh my god...you are INCREDIBLE."

----------------------------

THAT is what I would do with the HTC Droid Incredible!!!
Oh my god I hope you when that was the best thing I've ever read hhahaaha

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, If I get this phone, it would do the IMPOSSIBLE! Show my wife that a phone can be more than a phone or a toy - it can acctually improve your life.

She sees my brother constantly playing on his Iphone and feels like the only reason to get a smartphone is to play these little games on it. With this phone I will be able to show her the benifits of being conected at all times. [of course I will still play a game here or there ;) ]

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to watch the NFL draft real time on it!

Of course I mean the OS is so advanced that I'll be able to watch "Next Years Draft" when I get it on the 29th :). Looks like the Raven's will be picking last next year!

artod4789

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What am I going to do? I'm going to use my Incredible to book a trip on a cruise line in the Mediterranean. Then while we are far out to sea, I'm going to "accidentally" chuck my blackberry storm overboard and see how far I can get it. Then I will take my wife's omnia and my friends iphones (plural) and make a game out of how many times I can hit the storm before it sinks forever out of my view (and probably into the hands of some poor unsuspecting mer-people)!

Lambo28806

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to use this phone to fight crime...This phone will transform me into Mr. Incredible and I will strike fear into the hearts of evildoers! No spandex, I promise

RENCH32

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered mine, but my wife needs one. I'm hoping with these phones we can manage our schedules better (talking would be to easy LOL). With 5 kids under the age of 8, Android better have a good app for stress relief too! :)

mmcelroy

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The incredible thing I would do is give the phone to my wife and make her happy.
She has learn to hate her blackberry and still has a year to wait to get a new phone at reduced prices.

Deno

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
With the new HTC Incredible I will be able to run my ever growing life better and faster. Maybe even move out of moms house. Hey it may even get me a much needed girlfriend. Maybe?

flyingpole

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Does! Now my new Droid will do it Incredibly! Can't wait to torque it up to full bore and wear my fingertip off trying every feature. Decided to pay the piper and end my dreaded ATT Fuze with Winmo 2 year agreement early! Only something Incredible could do that!

stickywhipit#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
with the incredible i will be able to live stream, via ustream, the incredible fight over my office parking lot between the 20 nesting geese and the employees. We are on an Aggressive Geese alert right now and employees are getting plucked every couple hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress