How to root DL09

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The one click method worked for me. I had to pull the USB cable out upon reboot and then plug it back in after booting up to get it to work though.

jjstevens40

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
THE LASTEST ONE CLICK METHOD WORKS PERFECTLY IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME.

Download and install this
1) http://www.wikifilez.com/root%20file...Phones_x86.exe

2) go to Settings > Applications > Development > Enable Debugging and Stay Awake, then plug in your phone

3) Download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Extract the folder in the zip file to desktop.

4) Run START_ROOT from the extracted folder don't touch the phone until everything is done.

5) Wait patiently for up to 10 minutes. Watch the command prompt and do everything it tells you to do, there is only a couple of things.

6) When all is said and done, unplug your phone and you're rooted on DL09.

Thank you DroidXcon

this worked perfectly as described, awesome rootness! tahnks you very much!

Reactions: DroidXcon

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok folks, I think I got this figured out. Using One Click FascinateRoot_vo2.zip (the new one in the op). I ran the "start root" and was getting the same error that everyone else was getting. To get it to work I ran the same "start root" and when it powered off I unplugged my usb cable and waited for it to boot up, I unlocked the screen, plugged it in and let it sit. Boom! Done! Hope it helps. Do this at your own risk.... Worked for me!

Dan

I started this methoid as well. Everything seems to be going well but not sure what to do now. CMD sceen shows the following:

**successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp file
It's been about 15-20mins, Am I done and rooted? or will the CMd screen say something like root complete you may now disconnect your phone, when all is said and done...

basically I just want to know when will I know that the root is complete and that it's okay to disconnect the phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I started this methoid as well. Everything seems to be going well but not sure what to do now. CMD sceen shows the following:

**successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp file
It's been about 15-20mins, Am I done and rooted? or will the CMd screen say something like root complete you may now disconnect your phone, when all is said and done...

basically I just want to know when will I know that the root is complete and that it's okay to disconnect the phone.

wait it out, and dont touch your phone, as long as it doesnt pop up with an error the phone it will tell you restarting, and then complete

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:OK everyone, i have added another version of One click.. all i did was add an extra line after each adb reboot command. please let me know how this works.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried downloading the new one click zip and after I unzipped it there was only one file listed in the folder instead of 11 files when I unzipped the last edited version you posted....am I missing something?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried downloading the new one click zip and after I unzipped it there was only one file listed in the folder instead of 11 files when I unzipped the last edited version you posted....am I missing something?

Seriously, is it the start root file?

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will just go ahead and try the 1st edited file you provided - is there a precise time that I am supposed to unplug and replug my phone back in to get it work properly?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Wait a minute after you see
Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp files

if it doesnt end on its own, just pull it and check if you have SU permissions

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I meant the pulling of the USB cable during the first reboot of the rooting process that everyone's talking about. Do I unplug it as soon as it starts to reboot after clicking the start_root.bat and then wait until its completely booted back up and has gone through its sd card and media scanning proccesess to plug it back in and compete the rooting process?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I meant the pulling of the USB cable during the first reboot of the rooting process that everyone's talking about. Do I unplug it as soon as it starts to reboot after clicking the start_root.bat and then wait until its completely booted back up and has gone through its sd card and media scanning proccesess to plug it back in and compete the rooting process?

I pulled mine shortly after Superuser dropped. Once you have achieved root and Superuser has dropped, it's only removing temp files from the rooting process.

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

From what I've read (I had to do the manual method) But this should be what you need to do to get it to work below....

Run the start_root.bat, wait til the start_root program re-boots your phone, once your phone shuts down pull the plug from the phone itself but leave the usb connected to the computer. After the phone re-boots and starts the media scanner then re-plug cable to the phone.

Otherwise if the phone is left connected when it re-starts a media sync will try to autostart and give you a device error.

I had to do it the manual method and wait 27 minutes for the rage.bin exploit to work. So be patient.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

that was my goal with the new edited version, putting a pause after the reboot to give it some time

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I just tried it and my phone takes too long to boot back up - it says device not found before I have a chance to plug it back in, then I left it plugged in anyway and got a whole bunch of errors and then my phone rebooted :-(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I just tried it and my phone takes too long to boot back up - it says device not found before I have a chance to plug it back in, then I left it plugged in anyway and got a whole bunch of errors and then my phone rebooted :-(

Dont pull, it, do the following, obviously make sure its in debug mode and stay awake is on.

Then go to
Settings>USB settings and mass storage.

now go to the start root file, right click on it and hit edit.

this will open up notepad

find the line that says "adb reboot" add a line by hitting enter once and type in pause so it should be this transition

adb reboot
PMSLEEP 100

to

adb reboot
pause
PMSLEEP 100

after you have made this change save the file and close it
then start root again

just let it run, dont pull the cord

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I pulled the plug on the phone as soon as it rebooted and then I let let it boot back up and I unlocked the phone and then plugged it back in. Worked for me the first time I tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.