[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

muddyduc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I am having another issue. I have the problem on both phones where it won't wakeup. I have to pull the battery and power it back, Any sugestions?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i just installed SuperClean 2.9.2 and i would like to know how i install a theme and were i could download a good theme

All of the themes are locate in Jaekar99's great thread HERE. The themes are listed in post #3. Just follow the instructions for flashing the theme in cwm. Almost all of the themes have preview screenshots so you can get an idea of what the theme looks like. Ignore the wallpaper in the screenshots, as that is just the wallpaper the developer is using and not included in the theme. If you are unclear on how to flash a zip file after reading the instructions in post #2, check out DroidXcon's great thread HERE. It includes visual aid screenshots.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I try to do install.zip on recovery screen i can not open the file. I did read and according to the posts, trying this is the first step according to your link. So now what?

Can you be more specific on what you mean by you cannot open the file? You are not opening the file. When you are in clockworkmod recovery (cwm) you use the volume button to scroll to install zip from sd card, then you hit the power button, then you will scroll to choose zip from sd card and hit the power button, then you will find the zip file you want to install, scroll to it and hit the power button. All of this is covered in DroidXcon's clockwork thread with visual aid screenshots here DroidXcon's Clockworkmod Thread

muddyduc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I installed EC10SC292x_DXC.tar on 2 phones. I ran the battery script and batteries are great. My problem is...Sometimes I will pick the phones up and press the power button to wake up the phone nothing happens. I have to pull the battery and restart the phone. Any ideas?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I installed EC10SC292x_DXC.tar on 2 phones. I ran the battery script and batteries are great. My problem is...Sometimes I will pick the phones up and press the power button to wake up the phone nothing happens. I have to pull the battery and restart the phone. Any ideas?

Try this thread for answers: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-trouble-sleep-death-eb01-superclean-2-x.html

If I am not mistaken, you are talking about the sleep of death, and there is more info in there, and a patch i believe. I did not read through the thread thoroughly so please be sure to do so

Reactions: muddyduc

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you be more specific on what you mean by you cannot open the file? You are not opening the file. When you are in clockworkmod recovery (cwm) you use the volume button to scroll to install zip from sd card, then you hit the power button, then you will scroll to choose zip from sd card and hit the power button, then you will find the zip file you want to install, scroll to it and hit the power button. All of this is covered in DroidXcon's clockwork thread with visual aid screenshots here DroidXcon's Clockworkmod Thread

The power button does nothing for me. I use the home screen button for selecting. When I scroll to the second option which is apply sdcard zip the afore mentioned error appears on the recovery screen.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The power button does nothing for me. I use the home screen button for selecting. When I scroll to the second option which is apply sdcard zip the afore mentioned error appears on the recovery screen.

please read the thread that landshark supplied in that response, it has instructions on installing cwm all it has a controls section and everything

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
please read the thread that landshark supplied in that response, it has instructions on installing cwm all it has a controls section and everything

Listen, I have read all of the threads and I am not understanding clearly, hense me posting my questions. I have tried applying the zip file to root of SD. I have tried all of the other things and clearly i'm missing something. What I am trying to do is enter recovery mode and enter CWM via zip and I get an error message stating that I can not apply. I am an idiot apparently, I just can't figure out what to do and I appreciate any help and thank you in advance for being patient with me.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Listen, I have read all of the threads and I am not understanding clearly, hense me posting my questions. I have tried applying the zip file to root of SD. I have tried all of the other things and clearly i'm missing something. What I am trying to do is enter recovery mode and enter CWM via zip and I get an error message stating that I can not apply. I am an idiot apparently, I just can't figure out what to do and I appreciate any help and thank you in advance for being patient with me.

in my previous post i told you to flash cwm all and in the clockwork thread i mention cwm all many times, how you dont need to apply update.zip. Please help me make it more clear to people as i must be doing these write ups very poorly if was not explained well enough

Installing CWM ALL instructions and downloads

Installing with odin:
  1. Download and intsall the Fascinate drivers found HERE
  2. Download the ODIN file HERE
  3. If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
  4. If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
  5. Remove battery from phone.
  6. Launch ODIN on PC.
  7. Plug USB cable into phone.
  8. Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
  9. Press and hold the volume-down key.
  10. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
  11. Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
  12. Choose the file cwm-recovery-ALL.tar which can be downloaded HERE
  13. When all the above conditions have been met hit the Start button
For those of you who are visual learners like me i have a write up of the above Odin process with pictures HERE

Entering clockwork recovery ALL
With the phone off press and hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button.
Samsung logo will flash twice, after the second one let go of the buttons.
This will lead you into clockwork.

Red Clockwork
Volume up and down = Scroll up and down
Menu= Back / Screen sleep
Home= Screen sleep
Back= Select
Power= Select
Search= Back

I am currently running EBO1 with froyo. Can I just flash superclean 2.9 with voodoo right over this without going back to stock?

yes you can flash voodoo over it if you apply lagfix before you reboot. But voodoo options only work in cwm all.

But since you are having a difficult time understanding how to use clockwork i would highly suggest you stay away from voodoo until you have an understanding all things involved.

I suggest you read over my clockwork thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

also read over the voodoo thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...11-kernel-built-source-sound-undervolted.html

Reactions: dablitzkrieg
Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
so i installed superclean 2.9.2 and was installed a theme and everything seems to work good thanxs to everyone's help but i have one more question how do i fix the battery life i keep reading about batter status wipe and stuff and i was wondering what i have to do ty for the help

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so i installed superclean 2.9.2 and was installed a theme and everything seems to work good thanxs to everyone's help but i have one more question how do i fix the battery life i keep reading about batter status wipe and stuff and i was wondering what i have to do ty for the help

Check out this thread and follow the steps outlined in it.
gunnermike53's Battery Thread

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
in my previous post i told you to flash cwm all and in the clockwork thread i mention cwm all many times, how you dont need to apply update.zip. Please help me make it more clear to people as i must be doing these write ups very poorly if was not explained well enough

Installing CWM ALL instructions and downloads

Installing with odin:
  1. Download and intsall the Fascinate drivers found HERE
  2. Download the ODIN file HERE
  3. If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
  4. If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
  5. Remove battery from phone.
  6. Launch ODIN on PC.
  7. Plug USB cable into phone.
  8. Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
  9. Press and hold the volume-down key.
  10. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
  11. Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
  12. Choose the file cwm-recovery-ALL.tar which can be downloaded HERE
  13. When all the above conditions have been met hit the Start button
For those of you who are visual learners like me i have a write up of the above Odin process with pictures HERE

Entering clockwork recovery ALL
With the phone off press and hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button.
Samsung logo will flash twice, after the second one let go of the buttons.
This will lead you into clockwork.

yes you can flash voodoo over it if you apply lagfix before you reboot. But voodoo options only work in cwm all.

But since you are having a difficult time understanding how to use clockwork i would highly suggest you stay away from voodoo until you have an understanding all things involved.

I suggest you read over my clockwork thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

also read over the voodoo thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...11-kernel-built-source-sound-undervolted.html

Thank you and I know it is me, not you. Where I am getting confused is that a few people are referencing "Red CWM". Mine is blue. Is the red what appears post voodoo? Also, I did as you suggested and got the CWM ALL