How's your GPS on EB01?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering what people's experience has been with their GPS lock on EB01. Is everyone having trouble, or is it just me?

Last weekend, I had to travel through 3 states, and my GPS was nearly useless. In the morning, it took about 45 minutes to lock on - out on the open road, no mountains or buildings to block the signal. On the way home, it didn't lock for probably an hour or more, and by the time it did, I was already back to familiar territory, so it was a case of too little too late.

Just wondering if this is a common issue once again. Really considering going back to DJ05/DL09, which would lock on in under a minute - inside my house.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering what people's experience has been with their GPS lock on EB01. Is everyone having trouble, or is it just me?

Last weekend, I had to travel through 3 states, and my GPS was nearly useless. In the morning, it took about 45 minutes to lock on - out on the open road, no mountains or buildings to block the signal. On the way home, it didn't lock for probably an hour or more, and by the time it did, I was already back to familiar territory, so it was a case of too little too late.

Just wondering if this is a common issue once again. Really considering going back to DJ05/DL09, which would lock on in under a minute - inside my house.

My GPS performance has been awesome since DL30. I just opened Google maps right after I read you post, and from inside my house I was locked in and accurate to 2 meters within 10 seconds.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

try flashing THIS and let me know how it works for you

magnumv3

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine locks on quickly. I've noticed I need to have standalone gps and google location checked. If I try it with just one or the other it's no good and doesn't want to lock. Just having google location checked it will give me a general vicinity and once I check standalone it locks on and pretty much pinpoints my location nice and fast. With just standalone checked it doesn't want to update my location at all, it may after a while but I'm to inpatient to wait and see it it will ever lock with just standalone.

Inferno217

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
GPS locks fairly quickly (lock indoors in about 30 seconds) after checking everything off in the location menu. Make sure that you are doing that.

I will say that I did not get a lock consistently until rebooting the phone. Simple things...imagine that.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
GPS was still kind of sketchy for me on DL09, but since DL30 it's been flawless. I'm getting locks within 3-5 seconds basically every time, sometimes it's instantly.

revelation204

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
try flashing THIS and let me know how it works for you

Should I just put the modem into my sd card and then go into recovery mode and install it? Or do I use odin?

So I ended up using odin with the file I downloaded from your link. The DL09 modem doesn't seem to make it lock on.

Last edited:

Inferno217

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
gps works great for me. it suck battery like a vampire, so no sleeping, its either being used or turned.

THIS! I hate how the GPS uses so much battery now! Went from 9-6:30 under moderate use and I only drained 35% - using GPS for the next 25 minutes (no nav, just maps) and went down 20%. Was so excited after flashing SC 2.5 as well but this GPS thing is killing me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress