[Retired][ROM]Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
"Possible" means the kernel may possibly allow you to tether your phone without Verizon being able to monitor it to charge you for the data usage.

Ok , so no need to reflash eb16 kernel after flashing 2.8.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok , so no need to reflash eb16 kernel after flashing 2.8.

No real need to since it is included in the ROM. If for some reason you find you are not getting whatever features you are supposed to get from the EB16 kernel, you can always flash it then. It won't hurt anything to flash the kernel. Just realize that the EB16 kernel breaks bluetooth. So if you use bluetooth, you will need to flash the EB01 kernel. If you also use the tethering feature, that is only available with the EB16 kernel, not the EB01 kernel. So if you use bluetooth and tethering, you will need to make a choice which one you want more and use the appropriate kernel. For now we don't have a kernel that gives you both.

polobuds

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i'm on 2.8 just havnt updated in my profile. yes i have EB01. will DL09 give me better battery life. thats the only reason for the change because i saw it in Adrynalyne tips ?

I flashed EB01 Superclean 2.8 with Super Dark Theme. Not sure which did it, but better life is 10x better than when I had DL09. With DL09, the minute I turned my phone on after a full charge, it would be 95%. I would have no other choice but to plug it in at least once a day, and this is even after barely using it throughout the day.

But after having EB01/Superclean 2.8/Super Dark for the past 2 days, I've had excellent battery life. Same amount of apps as before, not doing anything different. Battery is currently 35%, and this is after it has been on for about 14-1/2 hours.

Thank you to everyone who has make these ROMS/Kernels/Themes. I love the super dark theme and the way my phone is running.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Fascinate super clean

"Possible" means the kernel may possibly allow you to tether your phone without Verizon being able to monitor it to charge you for the data usage.

land shark, the other night "stand up dad" walked me into the EBSC26_DXC.tar-
is it posible to get the SC 2.8. i tried last night and the Odin Program had it almost completed and then poof, Odin went dead in the water..i watched the small blue line slide across the face all the way from left to right..but then i had the triangle between cpu and ph.. any ideas of what went wrong ..i did get back into EBSC26_DXC.TAR.MD5 smooth as a whistle ..although it took awhile for Odin to finish up. about 5 minutes total not counting the wasted minutes trying to load EBSC28_DXC.TAR

you say the word and i'll give it another try.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
land shark, the other night "stand up dad" walked me into the EBSC26_DXC.tar-
is it posible to get the SC 2.8. i tried last night and the Odin Program had it almost completed and then poof, Odin went dead in the water..i watched the small blue line slide across the face all the way from left to right..but then i had the triangle between cpu and ph.. any ideas of what went wrong ..i did get back into EBSC26_DXC.TAR.MD5 smooth as a whistle ..although it took awhile for Odin to finish up. about 5 minutes total not counting the wasted minutes trying to load EBSC28_DXC.TAR

you say the word and i'll give it another try.

Have you flashed anything through clockworkmod recovery yet?

pwostran

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I loaded SC 2.8 yesterday. Didn't have any issue until I charged the phone overnight. Now I have the sleep of death. It was fine all day yesterday and today SoD. If I leave it plugged in it does not do it. I have wiped the dalvik cache and the cache partition. How do I get it to stop?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I loaded SC 2.8 yesterday. Didn't have any issue until I charged the phone overnight. Now I have the sleep of death. It was fine all day yesterday and today SoD. If I leave it plugged in it does not do it. I have wiped the dalvik cache and the cache partition. How do I get it to stop?

From the first post in this thread:

Q: My phone goes to sleep, only to never wake up!

A: I'd love to take credit for this, but cannot. This seems to be a common Froyo bug. I have been unable to track it down, but it seems to happen MUCH less frequently to those who do NOT restore with Titanium backup. So I've little doubt its a rogue app(s) out there.

Did you restore any apps with Titanium Backup?

pwostran

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
From the first post in this thread:

Q: My phone goes to sleep, only to never wake up!

A: I'd love to take credit for this, but cannot. This seems to be a common Froyo bug. I have been unable to track it down, but it seems to happen MUCH less frequently to those who do NOT restore with Titanium backup. So I've little doubt its a rogue app(s) out there.

Did you restore any apps with Titanium Backup?

No I did not use titanium backup to restore anything. It was fine until this morning. The stock rom does not do this. I really want to use SC because the phone runs way better. Is there anything I can try?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
No I did not use titanium backup to restore anything. It was fine until this morning. The stock rom does not do this. I really want to use SC because the phone runs way better. Is there anything I can try?

I would start looking at the apps you have installed. Are the apps from the market where you can easily get them back?

You may want to consider wiping the phone and going to a fresh SC2.8 install with no apps and then start getting them installed again via the market.

I would only install the essential apps you need and see if you have an issue then add more and see if / when the problem comes back.

Somebody else may have a better idea but from what Adrynalyne posted that is where I would start.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No real need to since it is included in the ROM. If for some reason you find you are not getting whatever features you are supposed to get from the EB16 kernel, you can always flash it then. It won't hurt anything to flash the kernel. Just realize that the EB16 kernel breaks bluetooth. So if you use bluetooth, you will need to flash the EB01 kernel. If you also use the tethering feature, that is only available with the EB16 kernel, not the EB01 kernel. So if you use bluetooth and tethering, you will need to make a choice which one you want more and use the appropriate kernel. For now we don't have a kernel that gives you both.

Strange, I have downloaded 2.8, and on the previous roms flashed the eb16 kernel after installing the rom and have never had a problem with bluetooth through my ford sync. Has it been confirmed that bluetooth is not working with eb16?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure as now I have it working with EB16 now too. Here is my breakdown.

formatted the phone clean
installed SC2.8 non voodoo
installed my apps
Installed SC2.8 voodoo
CWM did a nandroid backup
forgot to setup my bluetooth

Next

I installed Steel Blue theme for 2.8
realized bluetooth was not setup could not get it to work
I flashed the EB01 Kernel now bluetooth works

Next

Noticed my market was not functioning it would FC
CWM cleared Davlik same problem
CWM cleared data / cache
Then the phone would boot but when I unlocked I would get many functions of the phone FC. Had to three button recover

Next

I flashed SC2.8 Voodoo again. This flash has the ROM / Kernel EB16
Restored Nandroid backup created above
Phone works fine no issues and Bluetooth is working also

Now I figured everything is working so I went to flash the Steel Blue 2.8 theme again. the phone would not boot and was in a FC loop at bootup animation!

Went back to CWM and restored my Nandroid back again. Everything is working except I don't have Steel Blue installed which I love :(

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Flash a theme.. this is what worked for me. I'm using Superdark.

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
so 2.8 comes with the kernal? I just need to flash sc 2.8 with cwm and then I can install any addons through cwm that I need like think free office? Am I correct in all this?

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Strange, I have downloaded 2.8, and on the previous roms flashed the eb16 kernel after installing the rom and have never had a problem with bluetooth through my ford sync. Has it been confirmed that bluetooth is not working with eb16?

I have no problems using bluetooth with Ford Sync or Kenwood. I have SC2.8 voodoo on my phone and SC2.8 non-voodoo on my wife's phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer