Need a quick hand-Odin not seeing phone

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know that this has been an issue with several others, but for the life of me i cannot find any threads on it. Right now I am sitting at stock Froyo and no matter what i do, the phone will not go into download mode or will odin see it.

I have:

Tried different USB ports
I am using the stock cable, I have 2 of them and tried both to no avail
tried downloading the drivers again
tried installing the drivers again (with reboots at every turn)
Tried downloading a new copy of odin
Tried my new copy of odin with several USB ports
I have started with stock and non stock batteries to begin with (meaning put in a stock battery, powered down, pulled the battery tried to get to download. same with non stock)
yes the battery is pulled the whole time
no antivirus is running

Can someone give me a hand or point me to one of the other threads that go into this? I never paid much attention to them since I didnt have the issue before tonight, and I guess my googlefu is weak on this one because the search isnt pulling up anything

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone while it is connected to your computer with the usb cable and usb debugging is enabled. If that doesn't work go into usb settings and change it from mass storage to ask on connection.

Reactions: anon(94115)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hmmm..believe it or not, I havent tried a different computer because I have always used this one for everything. Let me give it a go on the wifes desktop and if that fails, I have no issue with the screen share

Back in a minute, it is already set up for it so it shouldnt take long

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well chalk that one up to the unexplained gremlins.

I switched computers and boom it went right into download mode. I figured I wouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth, so while I was there I odin'd CWM, then flashed CR 2.0 so I am back to something like normal.

Came back to my regular PC and tried download mode on it (since it didnt work for like a day) and sure enough, it went right to download mode as it should.

Thank you all for the help, I am pretty sure I hit the thanks button for everyone, but If I missed you, I thank you....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well chalk that one up to the unexplained gremlins.

I switched computers and boom it went right into download mode. I figured I wouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth, so while I was there I odin'd CWM, then flashed CR 2.0 so I am back to something like normal.

Came back to my regular PC and tried download mode on it (since it didnt work for like a day) and sure enough, it went right to download mode as it should.

Thank you all for the help, I am pretty sure I hit the thanks button for everyone, but If I missed you, I thank you....

glad it worked bro , have a good night

triddirt

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you have not tried different PC yet? Is this something you have access to? I know I am spoiled in that I have three to choose from in my home... (two laptops and desktop) I always forget that many folks don't.
If not can you phone a friend who might let you borrow a laptop for an hour...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez