Tried to Unroot, Can't Turn Phone On!!

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and try to flash and unroot and im locked. cannot turn phone on. Tried to flash and unroot and its stuck. Its not letting me boot up. Please someone walk me thru to how to root it again or back to factory. ANYONE

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: please help.!!!!

Are you able to boot into recovery by holding the vol up and down buttons while turning the phone on? If you can get into recovery you can start over.

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

yes i can do that ..whats the next step/ when i try to flash and unroot button it does it and stays on sending radio and nothing

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

yes i can do that ..whats the next step/ when i try to flash and unroot button it does it and stays on sending radio and nothing

If you have any ROM's stored on your phone you can wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik, then just install the ROM from zip. Although, it sounds like you only had it unlocked and rooted on the stock ROM. I don't know the one click method to return to stock. You may try and see if the guide on rootzwiki will help you or maybe someone else here will know more of what to do. [GUIDE] LAST RESORT FIX for Unfixable Bootlooping/Pseudo-Bricked/Bricked Phones - RootzWiki

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I dont have clockwork recovery on my phone still. I have roms saved on computer just cant get to install zip. Files

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

After you get into recovery, you should first select and run the factory reset/wipe data function, then reboot your phone/sign in and make sure everything is OK. Then, redownload whatever ROM you're trying to flash. It could be that your problem is from a bad ROM download. Then reboot back into recovery and again do a factory reset, then flash the ROM per the ROMs instructions (also, having previously downloaded the file, flash gapps if that is required in the ROMs installation instructions). Before you flash, make sure you go through Cyber's sticky (at the top of this page) for installing a ROM. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're not quite sure you know what's going on here. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, nothing is going to help you out more than having a better understanding of this process.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

You need to recover the phone. If you don't have clockwork recovery or any other custom recovery, you won't be able to flash a rom. You need fastboot and the files from google to restore your phone.

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

when i use odin i cannot find the zip file i have downloaded in the odin program itself, do they need to be in a specific spot

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
save it to the desktop, makes it a world easier to find.

just make a folder on your desktop. redownload the files needed for odin and put all the files in that folder. this way, when you have to find them, its a lot easier.

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I got the file to go in and it got stuck on image... ugh know my screen is stuck on a phone with a computer next to it. Now what did I do??? And what do I have to do????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress