[ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 5 (JRO03R)

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it typical for new revisions to show up in AOSP without Google updating the build list at source.android.com for a while? Just curious.. asking because I checked the site and it lists the most recent revision to AOSP as still JRO03L: Codenames, Tags, and Build Numbers | Android Open Source

If so would you happen to know where they have a more updated/current listing of the builds? I like to keep my resources up to date :)

I'd say that they probably haven't updated that page yet. I don't tend to look at that page very often, if at all, so I couldn't tell you when/how often they update. If I had to guess, I don't think they update the page until there is a branch/build that they actually push out to a device. Though, I think Sprint's Galaxy Nexus actually received a JRO03R build OTA. So, maybe not.

The only way that I can think of to get a current listing of builds is to check out the code base from time to time and look at the tags like I do during my development. Or, at least check out one of the projects of the code base via git and look at the tags there. You can also just follow my thread as I tend to (try at least) and update fairly quickly.

JRO03R is android_4.1.1_r6. They also pushed an android_4.1.1_r5 branch that I didn't even look at. That would probably land somewhere between L and R and might be the code for the JRO03O build.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that they probably haven't updated that page yet. I don't tend to look at that page very often, if at all, so I couldn't tell you when/how often they update. If I had to guess, I don't think they update the page until there is a branch/build that they actually push out to a device. Though, I think Sprint's Galaxy Nexus actually received a JRO03R build OTA. So, maybe not.

The only way that I can think of to get a current listing of builds is to check out the code base from time to time and look at the tags like I do during my development. Or, at least check out one of the projects of the code base via git and look at the tags there. You can also just follow my thread as I tend to (try at least) and update fairly quickly.

JRO03R is android_4.1.1_r6. They also pushed an android_4.1.1_r5 branch that I didn't even look at. That would probably land somewhere between L and R and might be the code for the JRO03O build.

Gotcha.. yeah git is still a language I struggle with sometimes, lol. Thanks for the tip!

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha.. yeah git is still a language I struggle with sometimes, lol. Thanks for the tip!

If you have a linux box, you can save the following in a file called "branches.sh" in your home directory for example. Then "chmod a+x branches.sh" to make it executable. And, then you can run it whenever you like to get a list of current branches:

Code:
pushd ~ &> /dev/null;

if [ ! -d manifest ];
 then git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest.git;
fi;

pushd manifest &> /dev/null;
git fetch;
git branch -a;
popd &> /dev/null;

popd &> /dev/null;

NOTE: It'll check out the small manifest.git repo into your home directory and you obviously need git installed. Also, to actually get the build ID would require a little more work. That just gives you branch names.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I see.. yeah I'm on by ubuntu system now so I should be able to handle that. Wish it was that easy to determine what changes go into the new builds, lol. Thanks again!

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Even better, this'll give you the BUILD_ID's too:

Code:
REPO=build

if [ ! -d $REPO ];
 then git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/$REPO.git &> /dev/null;
fi;

pushd $REPO &> /dev/null;
git fetch --all &> /dev/null;
git fetch --tags &> /dev/null;

echoBuildId() {
 local BRANCH=$1;

git checkout $BRANCH &> /dev/null;

local BUILD_ID=$(grep "BUILD_ID=" core/build_id.mk);
 BUILD_ID=${BUILD_ID:16:${#BUILD_ID}}

echo $BUILD_ID;
}

for i in `git tag -l`;
do
 echo -n "$i: ";
 echoBuildId $i;
done;

BRANCH=$(git describe --tags `git rev-list --tags --max-count=1`);
echo;
echo -n "Most recent branch: $BRANCH, Build ID: "
echoBuildId $BRANCH;

popd &> /dev/null;

popd &> /dev/null;

---------- Post Merged at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:01 PM ----------

I see.. yeah I'm on by ubuntu system now so I should be able to handle that. Wish it was that easy to determine what changes go into the new builds, lol. Thanks again!

You'd be surprised how fast you can whip up these scripts, once you learn a little bash.

Last edited:

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the ones I should hopefully be adding in the next build, are there any new ones that you guys would like to see? No promises, I'm just curious. I've got some ideas,but I always like to hear yours. I will admit though, that I am trying to keep it fairly simple