Tired of Waiting

utmed95

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Came to android platform from a background of programming and generally wanting a more open OS than the IPhone 4 I was using. After nearly one year and using a Moto Droid X, X2 and Thunderbolt (Rooted and ROM'd with CM, and BAMF) and desperately wanting to get a Verizon Galaxy Nexus I am going back to the Apple 4S. Obviously everyone's reasons for what system they will use are their own but I have grown weary of the TOTAL lack of consistency with releases, updates and what I perceive to be a real lack of support for many of the devices in the android universe. It's been fun but looking forward to being back in a system where consistency and keeping your word is important.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting too man. The GN is for sure losing its excitement with me. January is just around the corner at that means CES. Who knows what goodies await to be seen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Came to android platform from a background of programming and generally wanting a more open OS than the IPhone 4 I was using. After nearly one year and using a Moto Droid X, X2 and Thunderbolt (Rooted and ROM'd with CM, and BAMF) and desperately wanting to get a Verizon Galaxy Nexus I am going back to the Apple 4S. Obviously everyone's reasons for what system they will use are their own but I have grown weary of the TOTAL lack of consistency with releases, updates and what I perceive to be a real lack of support for many of the devices in the android universe. It's been fun but looking forward to being back in a system where consistency and keeping your word is important.

What date did verizon ever announce? I must have missed when they gave a date. Oh that's right they said by end of year and by my account that still is about a month and a half. You believed rumors that is your fault verizon never said anything.

utmed95

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No not at all they have not announced a date and that is precisely what I am tired of waiting for. I went through this with the Thunderbolt as well and when it was released it NEVER lived up to the hype. If the technology is not ready to be released then don't claim that you are ready to release it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
No not at all they have not announced a date and that is precisely what I am tired of waiting for. I went through this with the Thunderbolt as well and when it was released it NEVER lived up to the hype. If the technology is not ready to be released then don't claim that you are ready to release it.

It is ready to be released hence why it was released in the UK. You can always switch carriers if it such a big deal or go get an iphone. I am sure that will work better for you anyway.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting too man. The GN is for sure losing its excitement with me. January is just around the corner at that means CES. Who knows what goodies await to be seen.

CES then at least another 3-4 months(if not longer) before Verizon releases anything that's showcased. If you're upgrading from a current phone this probably wont bother you. Seeing how I'm still using an OG Droid.. the GN is my next phone. It's vanilla enough to continue a pure android experience.

To the OP... sorry to see you giving up on Android but have fun on iOS.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what happens I will never go back to iOS such a locked down environment and so boring!!! I can wait for the nexus I have a bionic that is holding me over just fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
buy a Razr or Rezound like me. You have until January to buy the Nexus when it comes out. Or hell you may just like the Razr or Rezound

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Ultimatum

Well folks, it's down to the wire for me.

My back-up phone broke, my parents refuse to let me rent (I'm on a family plan) and they say I need a new phone, or a pre order, by december first. Otherwise, they pick it for me (which probably means I get stuck with a pantech breakout or some other piece of garbage)

So, Verizon has four days to do something, or else they've lost me. I can't control it anymore. Samsung, Google, if you have reps reading this, then know that you have four days before my business is lost, and that most impatient consumers gave up long ago. This is one more customer that will be lost to the Rezound if nothing is said by December 1st.

You screwed this one up big time, guys.

Last edited:

eikphoto

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Get the rezound tell your folks in a few days the phone is acting up. Exchange for gnex. It's not kosher but your folks shouldn't be giving you an ultimatum to begin with. Good luck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ultimatum

Google/Samsung did nothing of the sort. From everything I've heard (ie. from BMX/Panda), the phone has been ready; the ball is in Verizon's court. The only screwing is on Verizon's part, and Samsung/Google are on the receiving end. It probably doesn't matter for Verizon, as people who get the Rezound are still giving VZW their money, and VZW has much more bloatware on that guy (hard to believe it makes so much difference - I haven't even given VCAST, Blockbuster, Let's Golf, etc a chance out of principal, but I guess maybe they pay Verizon up front to make their undesirable apps undeletable) than on a Nexus (which is supposed to have none).

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
There are many good Android options on Verizon right now. Anyone even considering going to an iPhone instead of waiting for the Nexus is probably not a big Nexus fan. Good luck with whatever phone you buy, and I'm sure you know what to expect having owned an iPhone and several Android phones before. The Nexus is the only phone I'm even remotely interested in though, and it will be my next phone.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

My back-up phone broke, my parents refuse to let me rent (I'm on a family plan) and they say I need a new phone, or a pre order, by december first. Otherwise, they pick it for me (which probably means I get stuck with a pantech breakout or some other piece of garbage)

So, Verizon has four days to do something, or else they've lost me. I can't control it anymore. Samsung, Google, if you have reps reading this, then know that you have four days before my business is lost, and that most impatient consumers gave up long ago. This is one more customer that will be lost to the Rezound if nothing is said by December 1st.

EDIT: SCREWED UP- MODS PLEASE MOVE TO VZW GNEX FORUM

Ok....uhhhh.......if your parents are dictating what your going to do then I will assume they are paying for your phone and service and therefore nobodys losing "your" business. If you are paying for your own phone and service then its time to grow a pair and stand up to your parents or grow up and get your own plan. Either way you have nothing to complain about.....either get what you want with your own money or be thankful you have to "settle" for a rezound on mommy and daddys dime.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Well stop breaking your phones these aren't toys. As for renting that us the most stupidest thing I've heard. If your so impatient to wait for a phone then u some serious issues to resolve. I do have a some good psychologists numbers I can share.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
[/B]

What date did verizon ever announce? I must have missed when they gave a date. Oh that's right they said by end of year and by my account that still is about a month and a half. You believed rumors that is your fault verizon never said anything.

If you actually read the OP's post, you'd realize that the waiting is just a piece of the reason why he/she is going back to iPhone. The OP has quite a few valid points, lack of support as a result of too many android devices, lousy communication between google and service providers, etc. It IS enough for people to be disgusted. Whether we needed a thread for it or not is another story, but the points are valid and your response added nothing to the thread. This device has been known about for a long time. It should have been finished and released by now. WIth the shear man power and size of a few companies like google, samsung and verizon, things should be capable of happening at a fast pace.

Look at the pace other companies are banging out devices. Yes, they come with some bugs, but I'm mean we're talking about essentially the big three here, teaming up...

mastawyrm

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

How is Verizon losing any business if you get a rezound and keep paying Verizon? They don't care which phone you use

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Get the rezound tell your folks in a few days the phone is acting up. Exchange for gnex. It's not kosher but your folks shouldn't be giving you an ultimatum to begin with. Good luck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Ahhh.... The entitlement generation .... SMH

Reactions: gshock413

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Why not buy a cheap smart phone off craigslist or another site like that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non