Tired of Waiting

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I was saying Samsung and Google, and the moment I am on my own plan and not a family plan, I am off Verizon for good.

There you go dude.....although Im not sure I would have left Verizon, that may have been way to bold a play. Now that your on your own.....complain away.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Are we there yet?

I'm hungry!

I gotta go to the bathroom!

Are we there yet?

<insert sibling's name here> is on my side!

Tell <insert sibling's name here> to stop touching me!

Are we there yet?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ultimatum

So, Verizon has four days to do something, or else they've lost me. I can't control it anymore. Samsung, Google, if you have reps reading this, then know that you have four days before my business is lost, and that most impatient consumers gave up long ago. This is one more customer that will be lost to the Rezound if nothing is said by December 1st.

You screwed this one up big time, guys.

Oh please. Google still wins as long as you're using an Android device.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I understand those getting tired of waiting and in my situation. I've had the OG Droid since Day 1. I was eligible to upgrade with Verizon in July. I waited, look at all the phone's that have been released since then!! I passed up the Droid X2, Droid 3, Charge, Thunderbolt, RAZR, Rezound, and who knows how many other pretty decent smartphones. But I kept holding out for something really nice. Honeslty I thought the RAZR would be it and I would have had that by now. But I didn't on the side of caution after reading the issues. Then I figured I wouldn't be waiting that long for the Galaxy Nexus.

But the more time that's passed, I've been looking at AT&T and the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket is calling my name. Odds are increasing that I'll jump ship for that. But I'm going to hold out just a bit longer and then see just how great the Nexus is compared to it's hype. And then I'll compare it to the Skyrocket and decide. But as of now I'll probably jump to AT&T for the Skyrocket.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I understand those getting tired of waiting and in my situation. I've had the OG Droid since Day 1. I was eligible to upgrade with Verizon in July. I waited, look at all the phone's that have been released since then!! I passed up the Droid X2, Droid 3, Charge, Thunderbolt, RAZR, Rezound, and who knows how many other pretty decent smartphones. But I kept holding out for something really nice. Honeslty I thought the RAZR would be it and I would have had that by now. But I didn't on the side of caution after reading the issues. Then I figured I wouldn't be waiting that long for the Galaxy Nexus.

But the more time that's passed, I've been looking at AT&T and the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket is calling my name. Odds are increasing that I'll jump ship for that. But I'm going to hold out just a bit longer and then see just how great the Nexus is compared to it's hype. And then I'll compare it to the Skyrocket and decide. But as of now I'll probably jump to AT&T for the Skyrocket.

I don't blame you. The skyrocket looks like a very nice device. I'm having a hard time waiting also. I don't want to give up unlimited data, that's what is making me hang around, although in reality I could get by with a 5GB cap easily.

I've been looking at the post-paid plans on T-mobile and, could get close to the same plan I have on VZW but, with a 5GB cap and unlimited text.

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting too man. The GN is for sure losing its excitement with me. January is just around the corner at that means CES. Who knows what goodies await to be seen.

Bionic was announced at CES last year and it was not seen until September. Don't hold your breath for anything announced at the show to be released within 6 months :)

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Bionic was announced at CES last year and it was not seen until September. Don't hold your breath for anything announced at the show to be released within 6 months :)

My thoughts exactly. If memory serves, devices aren't generally released at CES. They are announced and will be released later in the year. If people are tired of waiting now, how is CES going to help? You'll just be waiting even longer for the next great device.

Sure I wish the GN was released already, but in all likelihood it will be out within the next couple weeks and that will be just fine.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So the OP is tired of waiting for a date that wasn't ever set, so he goes back to the phone he walked away from? If you want the phone wait for it, it just seems like he wants the phone NOW, and that's a very childish attitude.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
As a webOS fan I can tell you that this could be a lot worse. HP announce new webOS devices to be released "in the coming months" and a) never followed through (VZW Pre 3) or b) pulled the plug on the rest (Touchpad and Veer).

(I did grab a firesale Touchpad and it's fine, but I really wanted a new phone, not a tablet. I wasn't too excited with their plan either. HP came up with the Pre 3 when I really wanted a something like the GN or Galaxy S running a updated webOS. Still I probably would have grabbed the Pre 3. Instead, I'll be jumping on the ICS.)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have waited this long for the Nexus so I guess I can wait a few weeks more .Hopefully its before christmas or I might not get nothing at all,or consider switching to another carrier.

sent from my phone

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 lines on Verizon with all different contract end dates for the most part. I switched from Sprint back around early 2006 because their service was horrible. I heard AT&T is not much better. They may have faster 3G speeds, but I need service that's dependable.
That said, I would not jump ship over a phone.
If my contract was up this summer, I would have waited as well, since no phone really blew me away, knowing I would be stuck with it for 20 months.

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Im really looking forward to the Nexus, but im also really tired of waiting for them to say anything.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Verizon never set a date, but the lack of any word on the phone at all is not helping anything.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The lack of updates by Verizon after their initial announcement is indeed tiring. I want my shiny new toy, dammit! :)

At this point, I'm guessing there are actual reasons for the delay, and not just a desire to prop up the Razr. Nobody releases new products after Thanksgiving if they can help it. And releasing only a couple weeks before Christmas is marketing insanity. The bulk of high-end gifts have already been purchased by then.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good grief, the phone is late (even though they never announced it) and it sucks that we don't have it yet. You guys should stop responding to each other and let it go.

So even though the phone was never announced it is still late being released. Very interesting. I'd love to see what proof you have for that other than fantasy and an active imagination.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually it was announced just no date. Nice try though

True. But, the post I was responding too, claimed that the phone is delayed. If that is true, evidence is required to support that claim, or the claim is yet another rumor with little to no substance to back it up.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
True. But, the post I was responding too, claimed that the phone is delayed. If that is true, evidence is required to support that claim, or the claim is yet another rumor with little to no substance to back it up.

well technically it is since those verizon MAP sheets showed various previous dates, whether you want to believe them or not doesn't change the fact.