Rezound vs Galaxy Nexus

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Patents were a huge part of the buy - they say they are going to let Moto continue to operate and develop devices, but we'll have to see. The Nexus has never belonged to one OEM.

Right. I just presented my statement wrong. Onto the subject of the Nexus, I hope LG gets a shot at making one next year. HTC and Samsung have made them, now let some other companies try. The last LG phone I owned was a Chocolate and boy was that phone awesome. So many memories tied to the two years of ownership I had with that phone. RAZR -> Chocolate -> BB Storm (4x) -> Droid -> ??.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Right. I just presented my statement wrong. Onto the subject of the Nexus, I hope LG gets a shot at making one next year. HTC and Samsung have made them, now let some other companies try. The last LG phone I owned was a Chocolate and boy was that phone awesome. So many memories tied to the two years of ownership I had with that phone. RAZR -> Chocolate -> BB Storm (4x) -> Droid -> ??.

I think Sony should get a shot. I mean they do make some nice phone's it is just most never make it to the states. Plus since they are now just Sony that would give them something to prove and debut as "Sony"

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Serious ?

If Samsung will be making the flagship devices why did Google buy Motorola's wireless division? Samsung probably just gave the better deal to Google to have the flagship device just like att did wwth apple.

Google has announced who will be making their phone (after the Galaxy Nexus?)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if serious...

for patents? Did you even follow what was going on that month when it was announced? :confused:

It was a while ago so I don't remember that's why I asked. Sorry for not being a fan of the Nexus.

Everyone bashes people for waiting for the next iphone but aren't we as a community doing the same over the Nexus?

(Not directed at you Manny)

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It was a while ago so I don't remember that's why I asked. Sorry for not being a fan of the Nexus.

Everyone bashes people for waiting for the next iphone but aren't we as a community doing the same over the Nexus?

(Not directed at you Manny)

Eh, I did come off as mean. I don't know about why the rest of the community is getting the Galaxus but for me it's mainly the Google aspect. I've said it before - the Nexus phones are not meant to be super phones. They are meant to showcase the newest version of Android that is available. I love my Motorola Droid and I'd be more than happy to own a RAZR or Rezound but my preference is to go with a Google phone. I'm guaranteed constant updates for two years.

Unrelated but a Rezound commercial is on TV right now.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I did come off as mean. I don't know about why the rest of the community is getting the Galaxus but for me it's mainly the Google aspect. I've said it before - the Nexus phones are not meant to be super phones.

No offense, but people seem to have bad memories today.

The Nexus is absolutely supposed to a superphone. Straight from the horse's mouth:

Google Debuts Android-Powered Nexus One ?Superphone?

Google vice president of Android Mario Queiroz: ?It?s an exemplar of what?s possible on mobile phones. It belongs in an emerging category of devices which we call superphones.?

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Straight from the horse's mouth?

Horses don't talk.

No offense, but people seem to have bad memories today.?

I never remember this being said. I don't (usually) Google what I say before I say it, maybe I should check next time.

Google vice president of Android Mario Queiroz: ?It?s an exemplar of what?s possible on mobile phones. It belongs in an emerging category of devices which we call superphones.?

One person says the Nexus phones belong in the category of superphones. Until Google comes out and says "The Nexus phones are meant to be superphones" and not "The Nexus phones are meant to be developer phones", his opinion is exactly what it is - an opinion.

Reactions: crzycrkr

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh nooo he di'int! Manysaurus just pwned ET with all those quotes he took out of context and sh**! You are the man. I do have one concern though about this thing you said

Horses don't.... belong in the category of superphones.

I see this and i'm like...whaa...and my homegirl was like...wha...Imagine us all in a crowded room reading this and our facing crunch up like...whaaa. Damn homie you crazy. Of coarse horses belong in the category of smartphones. My rezound got mad horsepower

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh nooo he di'int! Manysaurus just pwned ET with all those quotes he took out of context and sh**! You are the man. I do have one concern though about this thing you said

I see this and i'm like...whaa...and my homegirl was like...wha...Imagine us all in a crowded room reading this and our facing crunch up like...whaaa. Damn homie you crazy. Of coarse horses belong in the category of smartphones. My rezound got mad horsepower

i_poop_splinters
Device(s): HTC Rezound

I think I'll stop replying for now.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Horses don't talk.

But Mannysaurus' troll.

I never remember this being said. I don't (usually) Google what I say before I say it, maybe I should check next time.

I was trying to be nice...but...wow. You really should google and check next time, because it doesn't seem like you get it.

Google literally coined the term "superphone." Don't believe me? Here, I google'd for you again: Google Trends: superphone

See how the word "Superphone" didn't really exist? Then you see that GIGANTIC spike around Dec2009/Jan2010?

Yeah, that's the Nexus One. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: Poopai

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't we all just get along?

I think it's pretty much the policy of any web forum "I'll get along with you just fine. As long as you agree with me 100%".

I think if we all agreed on something we'd have common ground. We can all agree on at least one thing...Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton have the same personality. It's like one bimbo in two bodies. It's...amazing. They even have the same voice

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I forgot all about this already. In a good way, of course. I played BF3 and leveled up while listening to Polish Ambassador. Hopefully there is one thing we can all agree on. Video games are fun.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Wise words, on all points. This forum in particular is where you are most likely to see things derail. Like I mentioned, people are very excited about the Nexus. And some people express their excitement in less constructive ways. The Rezound is a great device, take it from somebody who actually owns one. I'll be spending some time with the Nexus when it hits, and there is a chance I will exchange.

People seem to feel the need to rationalize and defend their purchases, and yes those types of reviews are not helpful at all. It doesn't help when even the big sites like this one do the same thing. The review of this device (and to a lesser degree the RAZR) were part overview of the phone part diatribe on the author's belief that you it's inferior because it does not have ICS yet. If I wanted that kind of review I would read BGR, who believe it or not wrote better reviews of both devices than this site did. I think Phil needs to go back to doing the reviews of the bug name devices. He's much more diplomatic about things.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
We should be ecstatic for the first time that I can remember Verizon has THREE top notch phones from the major OEMs all at the same time. While they're all Dual Core, 4G LTE they all have strengths and weaknesses. Also, it is awfully hard to downgrade the Rezound and Razr for not having ICS when there are no US phones with ICS yet. And those of you that can compare and evaluate the GNex screen against the Razr/Rezound without having phone in hand are just kidding themselves. I went and looked at the Razr and I thought it had a great display (didn't try to turn it down in brightness to see if could get the green background), was only able to look at the dummy mockup of the Rezound so can't pass judgement on that.

Be happy for anyone that has the Razr or Rezound and likes it. If those phones have some downside that you have noticed during actual use then share it. If not, just keep your mouth shut, you're not helping anyone. .

AMEN! Just because ICS is out (well sort of) does not make Gingerbread and Honeycomb automatically bad. Yes they should and will be updated ASAP but that does not diminish their function as of right now. They don't LOOSE anything because ICS exists,

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
There is one small problem I have with the Rezound. It is an HTC phone. Which means, they did the battery on the cheap.

Have you actually USED the deice Paul (I mean other than messing with the in store display)? The STOCK battery on the Rezound lasts longer than the extended life battery on the Thunderbolt in my real world experience.

Reactions: SoulWeaponry

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Serious ?

If Samsung will be making the flagship devices why did Google buy Motorola's wireless division? Samsung probably just gave the better deal to Google to have the flagship device just like att did wwth apple.

1. The contract to do the the third Nexus was probably handed out before that deal was made.They were contracted to do two of the devices, we have no way of knowing weather they will make the Nexus 4 or whatever it ends up being called.
2. Google intends to run Moto Mobility as an separate entity and while it may end up making a Nexus device down the road, it is not getting preferential treatment in the Nexus device selection process.
3. I think we all need to remember that Moto made both the Droid 1 (the first real mainstream Android device, and the reference device for Android 2.0) as well as the Xoom (the reference developer tablet for Honeycomb -- and probably ICS).

Reactions: E.T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87