Lock screen Question

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, on some droid devices. I noticed when you go to lock the screen it like shuts off like a tv idk if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I guess you root them for them to do that. But then I started watching some videos on the Nexus and I noticed it did it? Is that a stock feature?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It is a stock Android 2.3 gingerbread feature. Some phones don't have it because the manufacture (eg.HTC) removed it.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

have24

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid 2 Global and it doesn't have it. I heard about it before my phone got the update and I was really excited to have it but was severely disappointed when it wasnt there. I've seen it on other phones and it looks sweet.

I know this isn't directly tied to the original post but I was thinking about the lock screen and how you can slide it to directly to open the camera. I think it would be cool if that was customizable such that you could have three apps on your lock screen of your choice. You then could slide the lock and go directly to any of them. Let's say I wanted the browser, text message, and the camera app on my lock screen. I could quickly slide to either one of those to go directly to that app without having to unlock the phone and then find the app and open it. Any thoughts on that? And sorry nyyankees for getting off topic.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I know this isn't directly tied to the original post but I was thinking about the lock screen and how you can slide it to directly to open the camera. I think it would be cool if that was customizable such that you could have three apps on your lock screen of your choice. You then could slide the lock and go directly to any of them. Let's say I wanted the browser, text message, and the camera app on my lock screen. I could quickly slide to either one of those to go directly to that app without having to unlock the phone and then find the app and open it. Any thoughts on that? And sorry nyyankees for getting off topic.

That's possible with apps like Widget Locker :)

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid 2 Global and it doesn't have it. I heard about it before my phone got the update and I was really excited to have it but was severely disappointed when it wasnt there. I've seen it on other phones and it looks sweet.

That's because the droid 2 has blur and not stock android.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the crt animation is on ics as well. I can't find the video now, but it was a short hands on and at the end he specifically pointed out the GN did that.

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The thing that depresses me is that, pretty soon, none of the younger generation will even know what that animation is meant to be, having never had a CRT TV... other than maybe something out of old sci-fi movies!