VZN Guy said the signal issue was fixed with the first update

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The first VZN store I went into claimed there was no signal issue they were aware of after VZN corporate had already tweeted about the signal issue.

The second VZN store claimed the signal issue was cured by the first update.

Obviously, I am not believing either one of them as too much has been reported on the issue for me to believe crazed Motorola/HTC fans are posting lies on the internet in order to diss the GN.

Bottom line, though, is that I need a phone that can make and receive calls when I need it to and it sure would be nice to get the 4G LTE speeds I am paying for when I want to use the phone to surf the net.

I hate the way the Razr feels in my hand - it has sharp edges, just like a razor. I guess I could put a case on it to make it more comfortable, but it still does not have a removable battery.

The Rezound's screen is so reflective it could be a mirror. I could put an anti-glare screen protector on it, but that would reduce the brightness then I would have to up the brightness and that would eat more battery time. Plus it is fat and heavy.

I guess I should just get the GN and stop agonizing over it, but now Amazon isn't taking new orders. Bah humbug.

shanimal92

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The first VZN store I went into claimed there was no signal issue they were aware of after VZN corporate had already tweeted about the signal issue.

The second VZN store claimed the signal issue was cured by the first update.

Obviously, I am not believing either one of them as too much has been reported on the issue for me to believe crazed Motorola/HTC fans are posting lies on the internet in order to diss the GN.

Bottom line, though, is that I need a phone that can make and receive calls when I need it to and it sure would be nice to get the 4G LTE speeds I am paying for when I want to use the phone to surf the net.

I hate the way the Razr feels in my hand - it has sharp edges, just like a razor. I guess I could put a case on it to make it more comfortable, but it still does not have a removable battery.

The Rezound's screen is so reflective it could be a mirror. I could put an anti-glare screen protector on it, but that would reduce the brightness then I would have to up the brightness and that would eat more battery time. Plus it is fat and heavy.

I guess I should just get the GN and stop agonizing over it, but now Amazon isn't taking new orders. Bah humbug.

GNex is amazing... But, for me at least, it does have schitty coverage where my Droid had 70-80db. if you could wait, i would; just to see if they fix this issue.

Reactions: CarryMe

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
maybe it is just me, but I actually have great reception and signal with my nexus. Pretty similar to other phones I have had( droid, thunderbolt, fascinate, droid x) and also haven't had any dropped calls or anything like that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
maybe it is just me, but I actually have great reception and signal with my nexus. Pretty similar to other phones I have had( droid, thunderbolt, fascinate, droid x) and also haven't had any dropped calls or anything like that.

+1....i have been able to make every call i needed to and have not had a dropped called

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
GNex is amazing... But, for me at least, it does have schitty coverage where my Droid had 70-80db. if you could wait, i would; just to see if they fix this issue.
I can wait until the 31st when the double the data promo expires, or at least they say it will expire then.

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
3G signal is just as good as my Droid Incredible, don't have 4G here where I live. Haven't had a dropped call yet and call quality seems better than the Dinc.

rscott6942

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm supposed to be in a 4G LTE area just outside of Atlanta but I've yet to see it read 4G and barely getting 3G on it. I'm hoping there is a fix soon because I have had dropped calls here not to mention time outs when either doing email or FB.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm supposed to be in a 4G LTE area just outside of Atlanta but I've yet to see it read 4G and barely getting 3G on it. I'm hoping there is a fix soon because I have had dropped calls here not to mention time outs when either doing email or FB.

I'm 20 minutes south of Atlanta and don't have very good 4G or 3G in my home. I've never dropped any calls yet though and, that's what is most important. In Atlanta the 4G is very stronge but there are some areas on the outskirts were it's not that strong or available.

I really hope they update so I can utilize 4G in my home. I know I can get it because I get it on my Xoom.

rscott6942

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Qnet, I'm in Kennesaw and amazed at how flaky the reception is out here. According to Verizon's own map I'm supposed to be in 4G lte territory but haven't seen it yet. Though when I am getting signal like right now with it ready 3G it is faster than what my old phone (original Droid) received.