Returned GNex, back to DROID

undrgnd

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I returned my GNex and am now using my old DROID. I asked myself if I would be happy for the next year and a half with the battery, weak signal and poor call quality and the answer was NO. Here's to whatever comes out next with all the glitches fixed.

side note: Google Music is on here and it works better than it did on the GNex, wtf.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I returned my GNex and am now using my old DROID. I asked myself if I would be happy for the next year and a half with the battery, weak signal and poor call quality and the answer was NO. Here's to whatever comes out next with all the glitches fixed.

side note: Google Music is on here and it works better than it did on the GNex, wtf.

Enjoy what you got and makes you happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Vacation Panda.. @black_man_x
Not a single person is locked into the device.. I said from jump its not for everyone.. u own a nexus so the word "beta" is ur friend

It isn't for everyone.

Reactions: cgc2 and jroc

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has their opinions, but just to let u know there is no signal issue. Please read the anandtech article. It is all explained there.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You must never want a new device ever again then because every single phone will always have some sort of issues at the very beginning. Also if you had issues with the Galaxy Nexus battery then you will have battery issues with all of the other LTE phones until the battery technology gets better.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has their opinions, but just to let u know there is no signal issue. Please read the anandtech article. It is all explained there.

Tell that to me and my friend who experience random data drops from all bars to none in the middle of 4g market. This phone has its issues, Anandtech article proves nothing. I am on the phone alot so I notice the dropouts and it could easily go unnoticed if you are not on it. People experiencing the issues are not making this crap up.

with that said, I am keeping the device and I am in love with the OS. I can live with bunch of data dropouts a day but if Google doesn't take care of it this wil be my last google phone unless it is made by motorola next time.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
my gnex gets stronger signal, better battery life, and makes clearer calls than my og droid ever did. Not to mention its a million times faster. I really think their had to be a nad batch of these phones sent out.....cuz mine and my wives are killer.....and im on the phone a lot.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Tell that to me and my friend who experience random data drops from all bars to none in the middle of 4g market. This phone has its issues, Anandtech article proves nothing. I am on the phone alot so I notice the dropouts and it could easily go unnoticed if you are not on it. People experiencing the issues are not making this crap up.

with that said, I am keeping the device and I am in love with the OS. I can live with bunch of data dropouts a day but if Google doesn't take care of it this wil be my last google phone unless it is made by motorola next time.

+1

I AM going to get a gnex but not until there is a few more updates.

My step brother has one and I have a terrible iPhone. At my house with both of us here I can call him and he will drop the call....repeatedly. iPhones aren't even known for great signal strength either.

Don't get me wrong I love Android and I adore it in its vanilla form (I have a Xoom which is pure Honeycomb currently) but I can't own a phone that doesn't work at my house cause I don't have a land line....btw I HATE my iPhone but work provides it and it gets the job done so i can complain.

Reactions: jroc

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
my gnex gets stronger signal, better battery life, and makes clearer calls than my og droid ever did. Not to mention its a million times faster. I really think their had to be a nad batch of these phones sent out.....cuz mine and my wives are killer.....and im on the phone a lot.

I'm starting to think this after reading how great some peoples gnex's are. I'm going to try to convince my brother into replacing his cause me buying one is a risk I don't want to take...

rockdiesel

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Vacation Panda.. @black_man_x
Not a single person is locked into the device.. I said from jump its not for everyone.. u own a nexus so the word "beta" is ur friend

It isn't for everyone.

I don't post on to many threads but I am always reading them.

I have a Galaxy Nexus for obvious reasons and love this device!! Using consumers for known beta testing though is unacceptable in IMO. I understand that a nexus phone is a developer phone and will launch with a new Android OS that has never been in the wild. I also understand the complexity in the software and the testing required to find bugs. Could you imagine the auto industry using consumers as beta testing? I don't think it would work out to well. All I'm saying is that maybe there needs to be more strict R&D and testing before a device launches with new software.

I don't appear to be having any major problems with my phone. I don't think I will ever get another phone other than a Nexus in the future. The fact that updates will come directly from Google is enough of a selling point for me. I will eventually unlock my bootloader and root my Nexus in the near future.

Rock

Reactions: alexh037 and jroc

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to think this after reading how great some peoples gnex's are. I'm going to try to convince my brother into replacing his cause me buying one is a risk I don't want to take...

Mine is really great after some tweaking. Battery life will never be great on LTE but is now acceptable. Reception sucks on all LTE phones from Verizon so far but the nexus has been decent for me. With my Bolt and Charge I'd have to toggle airplane mode several times a day to re establish data due to issues with hand off between LTE and EVDO. No such issue here. Volume + cured the low speaker issue. Juice defender plus really makes the battery life better, into the average range perhaps. My only issue is the delay in switching between portrait and landscape.

I switch phones several times a year and I absolutely love the GNex. I switched to vzw in Nov last year and have had the DX, Bolt, Charge, iPhone 4 and Gnex. nexus is by far my favorite. To go back further I had the atrix, focus, iPhone 4, and captivate with att last year. Still no phone has come close to this one.

Last edited:

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am not disputing anyone's trouble with their phone but I have not had a single dropped call. Haven't had any signal issues. Though I will say the earpiece is not the greatest and the the volume is lower than I like. There are too many variables involved to discount anyone's story. I think people just want a "voice", a chance to vent.

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I love my nexus, and it sounds crazy but I'm getting insane battery life. I get a lot of texts, use lte, wifi, mail, facebook you name it, and I get 12+ hrs. Almost twice my bionic

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I returned mine tonight as well...

The phone itself was great. I didn't think it felt cheap or plasticky or whatever else people say. The hardware and the software were top notch.

The problem I have is with the 4G network. It's not ready for users. Weekly outages are unacceptable.

I'm sure I'll be back with another 4G phone in the future, but not until I find out that Verizon has their network issues fixed.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

If you return yours, let us now if the replacement fixes anything. I am in the same boat as you. When streaming music/video in my car this phone is dropping signal places where my bolt never did. I love all the development and roms already out on this device and like ics. I just wish my signal was close to as good as my thunderbolt. I wonder how many people who have gotten replacement devices are having the same issues?

Gnoah

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This is my first smartphone, so I can't compare to otheres. Rooted and running AXIOM 2.1. I have had zero issues. No dropped calls, no random reboots, nothing that I would even think about as an issue. I think the LTE system may be to blame for most of people's issues, but that is not the phone's fault. If you are just going to go to a non-LTE phone, just turn off the 4g instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng