My Nexus Assaulted Me In My Sleep (Not Sexually)

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
Couple things here.

I have noticed my backlight on my phone not turning off after 30 seconds like the settings indicate it should. My first thought was that the culprit might be Slacker radio which I have set to keep the backlight on while playing... Well I noticed it not going off again last night and saw that the process was running under "Apps" so I force closed it. Not sure if that actually fixed the issue because immediately after that I opened iHeartRadio and set my phone face down next to me on my bed. I listen to it when I go to sleep at night while the phone is charging. So I went to bed at about 23:30 and at around 03:00 I rolled over onto the phone and it fried my arm. That bad boy was so hot I'm surprised it didn't melt the holster off the back of the phone. I'm not even exagerating. From a dead sleep it literally snapped me awake and I took it off the charger, unholstered it, and pulled the battery out to let it cool off.

Now I'm not sure if the screen was on the whole time or not but I seriously wouldn't think the device being that hot was even possible. EVEN if the phone's backlight were still on, there's no way I would think it would get that hot. On my DroidX I ran jrummys ANDROID OVERCLOCK @ 1.3 Ghz and during heavy use and or charging it only showed it got up to about 117 degrees MAX at some times...

Either way, yeah, that's my story.

Snake_915

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Funny stuff... My phone will get hot when it loses signal for a while (yeah screen off). I guess the radio constantly attempting to regain signal (unsuccessfully) causes it to overheat.. I'm guessing you lost signal for quite a while there.

This phone does get incredibly hot in other situations such as when face chatting on Google talk for a while. I mean hot to the point where I have to stop just because I'm worried the phone's internals might melt or something.

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
I hadn't noticed the loss of signal/increase of heat issue. I don't think it lost the signal because the audio was still streaming... It's just strange.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
People have died out gotten severely burned by batteries shorting out and catching on fire from cell phones, but it's obviously rare.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't noticed the loss of signal/increase of heat issue. I don't think it lost the signal because the audio was still streaming... It's just strange.

It isn't strange at all. You set an app that wouldn't allow the phone to sleep, and you're shocked that it got really hot? Newsflash: if you have an app that leaves the screen on, keeps the CPU running, and has a consistently active network connection, your phone is going to get hot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non