Give some reasons to get the Nexus over the rezound?

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always had HTC phones and like them, well until the thunderdud and would like to try the nexus,but have concerns on ICS and battery life. Is there anyone here who came from a HTC phone and could help me compare the two (rezound and nexus)?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I came from an Incredible...

Thoughts--

--Better screen
--Better size
--Better physical appearance
--Better OS
--Easier to tinker with
--4G!
--No more camera jutting out to make it .8 inches thick

I could go on and on, really lol.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like from your signature your rooted on the nexus. How would you compare it to the rezound?

I can only compare to my friend's Rezound, but the Dev community behind the Nexus has to be the biggest here right now. So if you look at it that way, you'll always get support. The Rezound, while being a great device, will only have so many devs for so long because it's not a "key" device.

Newport Viper

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
HAHAHA, yet the rezound can do all that. I'm trying to justify spending 100 bucks more for the nexus.

Oh well if your looking for a low priced phone then.....

41H6T2AJJKL.jpg

Can you tell i'm bored at work yet.....

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I've always had HTC phones and like them, well until the thunderdud and would like to try the nexus,but have concerns on ICS and battery life. Is there anyone here who came from a HTC phone and could help me compare the two (rezound and nexus)?

Two words: No Sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the Galaxy Nexus on launch day and still have my incredible as well.
Im loving the bigger screen,
ICS operating system,and support from developers is the best I have seen yet for a single phone that vzw offers.
Easy to root (if you want to)
No bloatware to really speak of unlike other vzw android phones.(even without rooting)
As dmmarck mentioned already about could go on and on I agree too lol.
It takes a little while finding the settings in ICS but once you do very user friendly .
The Rezound doesnt have ICS yet and even when it gets it wont be the true vanilla flavor .
Also unless you root the Rezound its got a bunch of bloatware.
Again could go on and on ha

sent from my Htc Incredible

Last edited:

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have not had an HTC phone, so may not be interested in my opinion. I agonized over the decision of whether to get the Razr, Rezound or the GNex and went to multiple VZW stores to play with each phone.

I ended up choosing the GNex primarily for its HD AMOLED screen and the feel of the phone in my hand. ICS and the easy to unlock bootloader/easy to root and developer support were bonuses.

The reason I didn't pick the Rezound was because it is thick and didn't feel good in my small hands. It is also heavy and I don't like heavy phones as they weigh down my purse, which is already heavy since it is overloaded to begin with.

As for the Rezound screen, it was too washed out for my tastes. Yes it is more realistic, but I like the overly saturated colors of the AMOLED screen. The Rezound also has a very reflective glass screen. Outside the Rezound screen is unviewable - it is like a mirror. That was the dealbreaker for me. I need to be able to see my phone screen outside in bright light and you can't with the Rezound and you can with the GNex.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
They're both great phones. I like to have the greatest and latest OS. I'm sure the Rezound will get a HTC Sense versionn of ICS eventually but the GNex already has ICS the way Google intended it. That was reason enough for me.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
How is call quality and battery life with the extended battery.

For me the call quality has been great. The battery life is poor even with the extended battery. I have found that with every 4G phone I've used. I haven't tried the Razr Maxx. If battery life is a big concern, that may be the best choice.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
How is battery life with the extended battery.
It is not much more than with the standard battery. Standard battery is 1850 mAh and extended is 2100 mAh. It gives you at the most an extra hour of talk time.

I regret buying the extended battery because many of the cases won't fit both batteries. So then you have to buy 2 cases or limit yourself to only those cases that fit both (e.g., Diztronic TPU and Incipio NGP), which tend to be bulkier.

The better option is the external charger that comes with a standard battery. Then you can always have a freshly charged battery.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Poor meaning less then 12 hours of med/heavy use?
For heavy use, yes, you get less than 12 hours, more like 8-10 depending on what you are doing. The more the screen is on and the brighter the screen is set, the less time you will have. Moderate use, you can get 12 hours.

The Rezound is no better in that department. Only the Razr Maxx is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez