Will my RAZR MAXX have ICS 4.0.4 before my Galaxy Nexus?

wootang00

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i cant believe it.. there goes "goggle phone" priority out the window..
now that moto and google are one.. guess which one will have almost near priority?

Coincidence? I think not.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy nexus is on ics... who cares if other phones get it? Rumor has it we're getting 4.0.5 so who knows. Also I'm sure moto will build on 4.0.3 since its been out longer.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
We Already have ics. It doesn't matter if other phones are getting it, they were promised after all. We will still get 4.0.5 and jellybean before them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I have my xoom my nexus my bionic and DX and all active. Its nice to switch around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The galaxy nexus is on ics... who cares if other phones get it? Rumor has it we're getting 4.0.5 so who knows. Also I'm sure moto will build on 4.0.3 since its been out longer.
Exactly. Let em have this one then when jellybean comes out they'll see who get its quicker. While we have had 4.0.2 for months, they've had gingerbread for months. I'll take 4.0.2 with vanilla over bloated, themed 4.? Or 5.0.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The RAZR MAXX has been on a lower version of Android its entire life. Let it have this one, as chances are this will be its last Android version update for quite a while.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
After looking on other posts about ICS. Other handsets are gonna get 4.0.0. Big deal. It will still be blurred with vzw crap apps on it.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Why do you have 2 high end phones on the same carrier? Seems excessive, I dunno.

Because the GN has a ton of issues that I can't live with so I had to go out and buy a RAZR MAXX so I had a working phone and the GN is in my desk drawer until they release an update that fixes the issues with the phone.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the big deal here with it getting ICS. Heck, it may have it's own issues to contend with when it makes the move. (I still remember the jump the Droid X made to Gingerbread and the problems it had as a result). We don't even know if it's actually going to be 4.0.4.

I just think it's so inane to care about whether one device gets a ".x" release before another, especially when said update is not coming from Google but Motorola (in this case). Yes, there's the merger but I doubt they are sharing any significant amount of development resources between the Android and Moto teams as of yet. That kind of integration (which even Google says won't happen) typically takes a long time to complete.

Now if Google were developing and releasing updates to Motorola phones before their own Nexus phones, then I can understand the outrage. But as far as we know, that's not the case.

Reactions: BryanTheRed