3 Clicks, and I'm on 4.0.4

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this works or not as I haven't tried it yet.

I do know however that if you stand on one leg(right) with the index finger of your left hand stuck up your right nostril (to the second knuckle) while slapping your left butt cheek and hopping in circles while yelling Verizon you complete me you will eventually receive the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jephanie

eriet30

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this works or not as I haven't tried it yet.

I do know however that if you stand on one leg(right) with the index finger of your left hand stuck up your right nostril (to the second knuckle) while slapping your left butt cheek and hopping in circles while yelling Verizon you complete me you will eventually receive the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

THAT I am able to do..... get this to work.. not

aergern

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
OMG! Unlocked and rooted ... been on this since it leaked a while ago. :)

Welcome to the party. There might be some beer left.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
For the people this trick worked for, did you get notified immediately? Or did it say "last checked for updates at x:xx" and take a couple minutes to pop up?

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For the people this trick worked for, did you get notified immediately? Or did it say "last checked for updates at x:xx" and take a couple minutes to pop up?

I got it around my 8th-9th try doing from the "last checked for updates 12/31/1969". I didn't bother checking for the update once it got the time right in any of my attempts. If it didn't work, I waited for the "app" to register a cache of data again, cleared it, forced it closed, and checked for the update. Eventually I got it IMMEDIATELY after the check.

PERSISTANCE!

Reactions: TheAssailant

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not working for me and it's pissing me off! Like I wasn't consumed enough already by the check now button!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bigdaddytee

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be hit or miss......all I know is it worked for me and I'm psyched!!

I was on wi-fi with about a 50% battery, as soon as I hit the "check now" button it started downloading the file......7th or 8th try is when it worked for me.

Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-01-21-30-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-01-21-30-46.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 67

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the new "Dock" section under the System heading in the Settings. Guess that's a little living proof that the POGO accessories didn't work with 4.0.2 phones.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the new "Dock" section under the System heading in the Settings. Guess that's a little living proof that the POGO accessories didn't work with 4.0.2 phones.

How's the multitasking?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

surfingsheep

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

This method has worked for some. After my third try, i was prompted to 4.0.4!!!!!

Found this on XDA's website and it worked in N.Y.C queens.

Originally Posted by stkiswr

>>>> Home/menu/settings/apps/all/google services framework/

Touch this.

Once it opens clear data and force stop it. Hit home/settings/about phone/check for updates.
May take a few tries.

NO MORE LAG!!!,,, ASU has improved.. everything is smooth now.. especially opening the app drawer. Browser is more fluid.. faster switching to cdma to LTE... camera seems a tad slow compared to 4.0.2. so far so good, Amen!

good luck everyone:)

Worked for me. Took 4x

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
As opposed to the possibility of "trolling," this may very well simply be a case of coincidence. Otherwise, I would believe that it would be far more consistent in terms of attempts-to-success ratios.

Either way, those who get the updates first are likely to be very envied by those of us who are 1) not self-updated and 2) still waiting for the OTA update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87