bugs since update / fixes since update

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I use a PIN to unlock my GNex. It has a lot of lag when I punch in the numbers. This is definitely new with the update.

My standard is a pattern unlock. Before and after OTA - no lag at all.

I just tested a number unlock and slide unlock and still no lag.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have uninstalled Volume + and can't tell a difference other than the speaker is clearer. I think I was over driving it before. So I am thinking they improved the volume issue...time will tell. Battery has improved but is still not fantastic, I still buy chargers like they are candy. If I often sit somewhere I get a charger for it. The charger is also a visual indicator for iPhone people to know where to start heckling me..."I only have to charge my iPhone once a year" Blah, Blah Blah

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
...Battery has improved but is still not fantastic, I still buy chargers like they are candy. If I often sit somewhere I get a charger for it. The charger is also a visual indicator for iPhone people to know where to start heckling me..."I only have to charge my iPhone once a year" Blah, Blah Blah

I picked up the 2100 mAh battery last night for 25 bucks at Verizon. I'm so much happier now. I hate having to rely on having a charger with me where ever I go. I'm at 92% after unplugging the phone at 9:00 AM. Yesterday at this time, with the stock battery and same usage, I was at 81%. So even though it's a small update to the battery, it's made a big difference with me. The biggest positive is I can now have the screen brighter.

waldo15

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Good:
  • Battery life is much improved for my particular usage.
  • Browser performance better AND it has now the option for Incognito browsing (sneaky sneaky).
  • All of my apps are now running pretty solid. With 4.0.2 I had a few apps that would cause the standard message "The android.process.media has stopped". Not anymore.
Bad:
  • Notifications from certain apps (Facebook, CNN) do not happen at all. Before the update I'd get notifications from Facebook constantly when friends post something in one of my groups or friend requests/messages arrive, with the F icon lighting up in the notification bar. Now I get nothing at all.
  • The slide to Unlock indeed has a noticeable delay.

pppilot

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Haven't n noticed much improvement except for the auto-brightness control, which now adjusts itself better in both low- and bright-lighting conditions. It was always too dim before the update.

I am, however, very disappointed that the signal drop problem has not been addressed. Multiple times each day I lose the signal and can't make calls our use data. Switching between 3G/4G is still very slow. This has aggravated me to the point of wanting to get rid of the phone.

On a minor note, but still annoying, I still have trouble connecting with Bluetooth devi es. About 50 percent of the time, the phone refuses to connect to any of my headsets

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Good:
  • Battery life is much improved for my particular usage.
  • Browser performance better AND it has now the option for Incognito browsing (sneaky sneaky).
  • All of my apps are now running pretty solid. With 4.0.2 I had a few apps that would cause the standard message "The android.process.media has stopped". Not anymore.
Bad:
  • Notifications from certain apps (Facebook, CNN) do not happen at all. Before the update I'd get notifications from Facebook constantly when friends post something in one of my groups or friend requests/messages arrive, with the F icon lighting up in the notification bar. Now I get nothing at all.
  • The slide to Unlock indeed has a noticeable delay.

This was happening to me too after the update, with Facebook and Twitter. Uninstall whatever app you're not receiving notifications for and reinstall it. That's what I did and all my notifications are working flawlessly again.

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Update:
It seems that re installing my sms app (chomp sms) did the trick to correct the sometimes/quiet notifications. Been working correctly for a few days now. Glad I didn't have to do a factory reset.

PhilD

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
has anyone else noticed that the LED no longer blinks for missed SMS messages? it works for about one day when i use the stock messaging app, and not even that long when i use a third party app like SMS Popup, Chomp SMS, etc.. i still get the notifications in the notification bar as expected, but the LED light just doesn't work reliably.

Stock 4.0.4

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else noticed that the LED no longer blinks for missed SMS messages? it works for about one day when i use the stock messaging app, and not even that long when i use a third party app like SMS Popup, Chomp SMS, etc.. i still get the notifications in the notification bar as expected, but the LED light just doesn't work reliably.

Stock 4.0.4

I've noticed this, too. I use Lightflow but have seen similar missing LED notifications as well. One thing I haven't tested is if it is only when the phone is set to vibrate only (no sound). It may be that the LED is suddenly connected to the sound setting. I need to test that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa