Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings, Fixes & Tricks

sleepysurf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings and Fixes

Since my JB update, usually takes 3-1/2 mins to reboot/startup if previously turned off (3 mins of stationary white Google logo, then ~ 25 secs with new X logo). However, every now and then it goes directly to the new X logo and boots up in 25 secs. Otherwise seems to be working fine. Weird!

BTW, I'm running stock Verizon galaxy nexus, never rooted.

Anybody else having this issue?

BBwhat

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. Same thing happens to me. Have no idea what's going on. Tried a battery pull but that changed nothing.

sleepysurf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Battery pull likewise ineffective.

Of note, my device d/l the JB update via WiFi while I happened to be abroad on a European vacation. I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it!

Is there a way (short of wiping the phone or rooting) to force a REINSTALL of JB from a fresh Verizon d/l?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noted before, JB bootups can take a while, and you might be stuck at the Google splash screen for what seems like a ridiculously long time, but DO NOT pull the battery. Just sit tight and let it do its thing. It's some new file system checks that occur during boot, and over time and a number of reboots they will correct themselves and you'll get back to normal boot times :)

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings, Fixes & Tricks

I liked the original ICS search bar as well just being the rounded rectangular white line that was clear too. My camera finally works great now. I was getting "cannot connect to camera" all the time, even after the 404 fix and would have to reset the phone or pull the battery to reset. Especially if i took pics and let the camera go to sleep and close the screen. Now it hasn't done it all. Also the notification light was messed up for me too, i went into lightflow and reset it twice and now all the lights show up in the colors i specified for each notification.
Also has anyone noticed a lot of apps not working or not working well with JellyBean? Foxfi doesn't work anymore, and some apps act weird too. I read there are 2 other wifi tether apps that you don't have to root, so I'm trying those. Also My TuneIn Radio Pro resets my phone when ever I set the sleep timer either 90 or 120 mins and listening to the radio when i go to bed. Also my swiftkey has been acting funny trying to type in browser search on google page after searching and deleting for new search, when I tap on the words nothing happens even though the keyboard is up and wont type or delete original search topic.
And what else can you use Google Now for other than Sports and weather and Flights with the cards? I like the live updates for the baseball with innings and scores & I already get text from a local am radio station about the Cardinals here, but just end of game highlights and score.

For Cohiba22--You might want to try Omega Status Bar, non root for customizing your bar at top and I think slide down notifications too, i read about it on droid-life website.

cridleyjr

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I had to uninstall Google Search and everything worked great!

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 PM ----------

How did you fix notification lights?

Also, I don't understand the difference between Google now and Google search.

Finally, I can't get either service to properly call a business. Like pizza hut. It always gets what I say perfect "call pizza hut" or "call pizza hut in Roy" but it suggest contacts instead of the business. What gives?

ByteMaster0

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 PM ----------

It will quit working shortly. I tried this, and after a few minutes, it was back to not working. However, if I *type* the query, it works perfectly. Sounds like a bug to me.

Can anyone else that is experiencing the problem please post or click the "Me too!" button here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/mobile/android-devices/android-applications/Ad85CtAJXFo

Thanks!

Henry Ho

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
documenr viewer has stopped

Same experience for me. Clicked yes for android update and ended up unable to read my downloaded PDF. Very frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Same experience for me. Clicked yes for android update and ended up unable to read my downloaded PDF. Very frustrating.

UKnowThatOneKid

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings, Fixes & : I can't open my camera!

I have a galaxy nexus on Verizon and I an rooted on the stock jelly bean update from Verizon. I was following instructions on how to get the 4.2 camera and I followed them correctly and now I don't have a camera. I tried reflashing but that didn't work. I've done everything but nothing works. I've checked permissions, made sure it was in the right folder, reinstalled it. And my backup didn't save right. I cannot doo a factory reset and I need a fix with PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS. Please help.