How to Force update from ICS to Jelly Bean on a no longer activated Verizon GNex?

supagruv

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm selling my GNex (Verizon) and want to put the newest version of the Verizon software on it before I do so... It used to have a custom ROM so I unrooted it and it now has the stock ICS and is showing "locked"... which is good. I then went to the usual Software Update check but it says I have the latest version. I tried the trick of going to Settings - Apps - Google Services Framework - Force Stop & Clear Data... and then tried the update again, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my GNex (Verizon) and want to put the newest version of the Verizon software on it before I do so... It used to have a custom ROM so I unrooted it and it now has the stock ICS and is showing "locked"... which is good. I then went to the usual Software Update check but it says I have the latest version. I tried the trick of going to Settings - Apps - Google Services Framework - Force Stop & Clear Data... and then tried the update again, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Just use fastboot commands and flash those files over. That should get you where you need to be. Check my Return to Stock guide in the rooting subforum.

supagruv

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I had a feeling I would need to do that... but does that mean I have to root/unlock the phone again to do this?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I had a feeling I would need to do that... but does that mean I have to root/unlock the phone again to do this?

Not necessarily--you can lock it back up immediately after regardless :).

Just three little words!