Trying to kick Verizon to the curb and convert Nexus to prepaid! Needing some help please?

Loki42

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am going to try and make this quick and please forgive me I am new to the Nexus. I have been all over this forum and others. I have gotten a lot of different info. about how to switch my Verizon Nexus to Prepaid. However I just bought this phone at my bosses pawn shop w/out the SIM card and the guy who sold the phone said it did have service @ one time. In device info the network is unknown, Mobile Network is unknown:0, no phone number, service stat. out of service, MIN: unknown, but does have the MEID & IMEI numbers. I know no SIM card has a lot to do with this info. Verizon will not unlock it for me so I was wondering what I needed to do to be able to unlock this bad boy. I have root and JBSourcery flashed and loving it I might add. Do I just need to get the SIM card so when I use the # and number keys to unlock it the phone will not tell me "mobile network not available" Or is there another way that someone would be willing to help me with please. I will keep reading to see what I can find but any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing some ideas.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
yes, the reason all those are empty is because of no sim card.

are you looking to do verizon pre-paid? if so, head to a verizon store and talk to them. pop in the SIM card, sign up for Pre-paid, and you are good to go.
if you are using another carrier, you have to get the phone flashed to that specific carrier and use one of their SIM cards. not sure the actual process, but i have a friend who gets phones flashed over to other carriers all the time...usually costs him $20-30 to do this. once flashed over to the new carrier, he uses their SIM card and he is good to go.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
about how to switch my Verizon Nexus to Prepaid.
If you are not yet on prepaid, turn off the current phone on your account and go into your account online at verizonwireless.com. Then:

1) click on My Verizon, Activate or Switch a Device;
2) Select Activate a Device, I am activating a device I have never used with this account;
3) Enter the IMEI number of the GNex to make sure it can be used on Verizon (i.e., make sure it is not from an overdue account);
4) If it is OK to activate, then you will be given the chance to order a SIM card for it online to be mailed to you. You also can go into a Verizon store and get one for your phone from them. This is not a big deal to activate a new phone on your line.

The phone will then be working on your postpaid account and then you do whatever you need to do to convert it to prepaid account. I would test the phone on my postpaid account first to make sure it works properly, then switch to prepaid.

Loki42

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to Verizon and talked to them and of course they refused any assistance unless I went with a contract. One reason I can't stand Verizon!! I did however get a SIM (not from Verizon) that was 50% cheaper than Verizon and It is showing the network etc. I have been trying to find the unlock code b/c there are places that are compatible with this phone lte etc. that are prepaid only. I have talked to a couple places and not to many here flash phones anymore for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa