What happens to returned phones?

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
There will always be phones returned because it is not what they wanted, or there was a problem with it, or whatever...
What does Verizon do with these phones? Are they refurbished, factory reset, polished and then put in a box and sold as new?
When the price drops after time, are some of these phones the returns that people decided they didn`t want? Just curious...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The can not be sold as new per the FTC. They go into a refurb pile and are used as warranty/service replacements and refurb sales.

Not to sound cynical, but the world is a cynical place and it deserves to be said. Just because there's a rule or a law, doesn't mean it won't be broken. Humans are autonomous and are not confined to programming like a machine is. Rules can be broken, and people can do things that break the law etc. Not saying it would be widespread but I'm sure somewhere at some point, employees repackaged up a returned device to try and sell it. And I'm 100% certain this happens a lot more than once.

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking that if they were sold out, but had several on the return shelf that didn`t have problems... Hmmm...

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is selling refurbished S3 phones at a nice price off contract. Hard to say when the refurbished N2 might be up for sale. It probably depends on inventory. They sold a lot of the S3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Having sold wireless phones returned are sent off to customer care. They aren't kept in the stores. They aren't resold. They have to be checked out and they refurbish them.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is selling refurbished S3 phones at a nice price off contract. Hard to say when the refurbished N2 might be up for sale. It probably depends on inventory. They sold a lot of the S3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Online? Where?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38