Muting During a Call

STLY

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Recently my phone began "waking up" during a call and my cheek or ear presses the "mute" button. No long hair or earring problems as some have reported.
I had a similar problem with my droid and got into the habit of pressing the button on the side to make the screen go black before I hold it to my head.
I have a screen protector on it because I don't want make-up to gunk the screen, but it is not covering any of the space above or directly below (white space) the Samsung logo at the top.
Any fixes?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
if its the way you are holding it and don't want to change, hit the home button to get off of the phone app screen while on the call. to hang up, drag down the notification bar and hit the red button.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently having this problem with my thunderbolt. I think my sensor is starting to fail. Sometimes it won't even wake up so I can hang up. But sounds like it's just the way you hold it to your head. These things are big and may not fit to our heads like other phones. What the poster above said is what I typically do since my phone doesn't work right anymore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member