Screen Protectors

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I like my zagg for the most part, I only see the spen marks if I look at an angle.

sent from my galaxy note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you're talking about a specific protector, but it's sometimes helpful to install it right after a hot shower. Close off your bathroom, the humidity causes dust particles to stick to water in the air. Also make sure your hands are clean. If you do get dust under the protector the ismooth comes with stickers to lift it up with one sticker then dab the dust up with another.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The steamy bathroom works,,,, totally dust free.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the ismooth and am pretty impressed by it. I really don't notice it on the phone at all in terms of feel.

I hope so. My iSmooth protectors and Samsung Protective Case are on the UPS truck and out for delivery. Amazon overnighted them to me at no extra charge. Oh how I love Amazon Prime and its random free 1 day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I used a whole 3 pack of iSmooth Ultra Clear before I got it right but that was my fault and trial and error to test the easiness of iSmooth Protectors.

1.) In a non humid room and I formed dust as to be expected
2.) In a humid room and all was well but when I pulled the Step 2 (Front) sticker off it peeled back. By the time I noticed this I touched it with my hand so I gave up.
3.) In a humid room I installed after lining up perfectly and pushed all bubbles out. No issues and went on perfect.

Yes, these are easy to put on. Just be extremely careful pulling the scratch protector off the front after installation as it seems to hang tight and take the protector with it. The feel is excellent and I have an extra pack here in case I need them. Once I'm confident in my installation skills I'll go for the Tempered Glass. Let's see how these hold up though.

These cover a little bit more than the Verizon Protectors vertically but it's about the same horizontally. Remember, this is also good because otherwise many cases may push the protector up.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I used a whole 3 pack of iSmooth Ultra Clear before I got it right but that was my fault and trial and error to test the easiness of iSmooth Protectors.

1.) In a non humid room and I formed dust as to be expected
2.) In a humid room and all was well but when I pulled the Step 2 (Front) sticker off it peeled back. By the time I noticed this I touched it with my hand so I gave up.
3.) In a humid room I installed after lining up perfectly and pushed all bubbles out. No issues and went on perfect.

Yes, these are easy to put on. Just be extremely careful pulling the scratch protector off the front after installation as it seems to hang tight and take the protector with it. The feel is excellent and I have an extra pack here in case I need them. Once I'm confident in my installation skills I'll go for the Tempered Glass. Let's see how these hold up though.

These cover a little bit more than the Verizon Protectors vertically but it's about the same horizontally. Remember, this is also good because otherwise many cases may push the protector up.

The tempered glass is not the same as far as installing goes. Your technique for the ismooth will not be helpful other then getting your dust free environment. With the tempered glass it's just a matter of holding with one finger on the side with each hand,,, hover over phone very close to phone, line it up and drop,,,, that is it

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The tempered glass is not the same as far as installing goes. Your technique for the ismooth will not be helpful other then getting your dust free environment. With the tempered glass it's just a matter of holding with one finger on the side with each hand,,, hover over phone very close to phone, line it up and drop,,,, that is it

No bubbles in the tempered glass? Just dust free, line up and drop?

How much does the Tempered cover compared to iSmooth?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Too many negative reviews on all the glass protectors for me... All seem to state sensitivity issues. Plus, seriously, ismooth is so darn good.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Too many negative reviews on all the glass protectors for me... All seem to state sensitivity issues. Plus, seriously, ismooth is so darn good.

I wrote a positive review for iSmooth on Amazon and sent an email to them as it was stated in packaging. Their sending me a free pack of protectors for my positive review and I'm listed in a review phase for their products I believe. :)

How's the iSmooth hold up to the SPen? I have yet to try.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I do have to admit that I highly prefer a naked screen to iSmooth. These are excellent protectors but nothing beats the feeling of glass. My issue is I use an open face case so I'm leaving it on because I don't want a scratched screen. I still recommend iSmooth if you don't mind plastic protectors though. Just depends how you prefer it to feel.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I do have to admit that I highly prefer a naked screen to iSmooth. These are excellent protectors but nothing beats the feeling of glass. My issue is I use an open face case so I'm leaving it on because I don't want a scratched screen. I still recommend iSmooth if you don't mind plastic protectors though. Just depends how you prefer it to feel.

Me too but I'm not about to go without a screen protector as I'm extremely ocd. Ismooth has top notch support too and for their amazing product i would gladly buy it again.

Ismooth is the best, I'm convinced. I'm considering giving the new seidio one a try but it's going to be difficult to top Ismooth.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I hear you,, ismooth was my favorite until I started using one of these. No sensitivity issue at all, none. But you must use what your comfortable with. As for reviews, I had a few different options to chose from and made sure to read many reviews and this had incredibly good reviews.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

So you should be in a humid room?

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I might need to pick up one of those tempered glass screen protectors. Had my note 2 since release day and just got my first scratch.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a screen protector that will fit the whole front of the phone. I have one right now that only fits some of the front, what I want is a screen protector that will fit the whole front from top to bottom! Obviously one that will do what it says too, Protect! :D

If you plan on using a case, I would recommend staying away from a full screen cover. The case will peel up the corners of it. The zagg does this. I'm using the one that came with my commuter case. Works great

sent from Galaxy Note 2

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still happy with my zagg, even with the markings from spen, I only see them when I have the phone on an angle.

sent from my galaxy note 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hear you,, ismooth was my favorite until I started using one of these. No sensitivity issue at all, none. But you must use what your comfortable with. As for reviews, I had a few different options to chose from and made sure to read many reviews and this had incredibly good reviews.

I am now an expert in screen protector installs so I feel I'm ready to jump to the tempered glass protector. I don't even do this in a dust free environment. I just tape my protector to my device without removing any of the film so its aligned properly. After doing so I lightly wet a soft clothe with water and clean the screen of any debris. Once done I quickly remove film and seal the protector on.

So easy. Lined up and no dust. Its a good feeling knowing that I can do this easily now. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress