07-02-2013 11:03 AM
37 12
tools
    Ah yes, the myths of over charging damages. I've done it with every phone I've ever owned since the 90's. Never once replaced a battery or phone due to charging damage.

Tethered to a cord. I'm in the car, not using it much anyway. At work, I work with computers, sitting at my desk all day, it sits on the desk with me. At home, I'm sitting on the deck, watching TV, reading, or sleeping, the cord is 6' long, not in the way at all.

There is no reason to see how long my battery can last when I'm usually near an outlet.
    I'd rather charge it whenever I want rather than turn off features, or not use the device for fear of the battery not lasting all week.
    I use my phone more than I use my laptop, of course I'm going to keep it charged when I can.
    I could see doing that if it's a device with poor battery life and/or one with a sealed/embedded battery, but we're talking about the Note 2, a device with pretty awesome battery life! If you're worried so much about getting caught with a low charge, I think a couple spare batteries and an external charger would be much more useful. Regardless, it still sounds like a PITA to have it connected to a charging cable so much. I hate doing that even with my laptop.
    06-23-2013 02:44 PM
    I enjoy seeing how long I can go without charging as well. I usually only charge at night, and that gets me through my whole work day and more.

Coming from an HTC Evo 4G my phone would sometimes not even make it 2 hours. I love this phone and its huge battery. I no longer have to carry my charger around, unless I choose to lol

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!
    VDub2174 and msndrstood like this.
    06-23-2013 02:49 PM
    I have had my Note 2 for a little over a week. The battery is truly amazing. I take my phone off of the charger around 6 am and at 4 pm when I get off of work it is at 60% + charged. With my old phone I have to switch out the battery at least once. I have push emails, GPS is on, 4G on, WIFI is off, apps have notification active, screen brightness is up, I use Maps with Navigation, stream music, text, phone calls and I use the S-Pen. On the last two weekends I have tried to use the phone as much as I can to see if I can exhaust the battery. Even after 15+ hours there is 25% left in the battery with heavy use. With my usage, I still have to charge the phone nightly. Thus far I am not even thinking of getting second battery.

If you are thinking of getting this phone, I suggest giving it a shot. The screen is big and so worth it. After a day of use, I was hooked.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    VDub2174 and lpt2569 like this.
    06-23-2013 05:56 PM
    According to the tracking number details, my phone was delivered this morning!!
    msndrstood, lpt2569 and mgftp like this.
    06-24-2013 09:57 AM
    According to the tracking number details, my phone was delivered this morning!!
    Looking forward to your thoughts after using it for awhile.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    06-24-2013 12:11 PM
    Looking forward to your thoughts after using it for awhile.
    I'm dying to get home and start playing around with the features! According to the description, its already rooted and I found a ROM I wanted to flash to it already
    lpt2569 likes this.
    06-24-2013 01:06 PM
    I'm dying to get home and start playing around with the features! According to the description, its already rooted and I found a ROM I wanted to flash to it already
    Nice! Which ROM did you have in mind, out of curiosity?
    06-24-2013 01:15 PM
    Nice! Which ROM did you have in mind, out of curiosity?
    I was gonna go with ParanoidAndroid 3.60, that halo feature really caught my eye
    lpt2569 likes this.
    06-24-2013 01:17 PM
    I was gonna go with ParanoidAndroid 3.60, that halo feature really caught my eye
    Cool. I haven't tried that one yet. Don't forget, you may lose some of the Touchwiz features if you go with an AOSP ROM, and battery life might take a little bit of a hit on AOSP ROMs. Some folks don't care, just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you had not been aware. Have fun!!
    VDub2174 likes this.
    06-24-2013 01:25 PM
    Cool. I haven't tried that one yet. Don't forget, you may lose some of the Touchwiz features if you go with an AOSP ROM, and battery life might take a little bit of a hit on AOSP ROMs. Some folks don't care, just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you had not been aware. Have fun!!
    I did know about the Touchwiz features and actually found some apps that could replace the features that are lost but I didn't know about the battery life. I'll also search out a TW ROM so I can test them both out.

Thanks for the heads up!
    lpt2569 likes this.
    06-24-2013 01:28 PM
    Happy day

(I didn't want to derail the thread any more than I already did)
    06-24-2013 09:43 PM
    I've had my Note 2 for about 10 days, and I'm also amazed by the battery life.

But I'm easily impressed, my former smartphone was a Samsung Droid Charge, which had AWFUL battery life!
    07-02-2013 11:03 AM
37 12