Automatic Wake up/Turn on?

truck1985

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a VZW Note 2. Due to the nature of my job (not allowed to have a cell phone in the work place for safety reasons) I leave my phone in my car while at work every night. In order to preserve the battery, I turn the phone off before leaving the car. My last phone was a Blackberry Bold 9930. On the Blackberry, if I set an alarm in the clock program on the phone, then turned off the phone, the phone would automatically boot up for the alarm to go off. Due to the time it takes for program updates, emails, etc. to download when I turn the phone on, I would like the ability to do the same type of thing with my Note. This is because I use the phone to listen to Pandora Radio using Bluetooth on my way home, and it doesn't like to work very well while all of the downloading is going on. I've tried the native alarm on the phone, that didn't work. Is there any way that I can have the phone automatically turn on at a set time, so my emails and all will download before I get to the car? I'd leave the phone turned on and plugged in to a car charger, except the outlets in my car keep frying car chargers, as soon as I plug the chargers into them so that isn't an option, though I plan on fixing that problem when I get an opportunity.

DevilJack

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
JWhen I'm looking to save battery life I switch to airplane mode. With the Note 2 it lasts a long time. Almost instantly when I switch airplane node off I recieve all of my notifications..and my battery is in great shape.
I do like that automatic wake up your talking about.... Never seen it though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If I'm remembering right, when you 'turn off' a blackberry, it doesn't actually power down. It goes into a sort of hibernate state. That is why it can 'power' itself on. When an Android is off, it's off.

A possible solution may be too use something like Tasker & have it set to automatically turn off all of your radios when you're at work. This can be done numerous ways - using location, time, etc. Between the screen & all the radios staying off, very little power should be used. Then set it to automatically turn the radios back on about 10 - 15 minutes before you would be returning to your car to give it plenty of time to sync everything & settle back down for a smooth drive home.

Last edited:

Mbode1

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the Tasker thought. You could probable set it up to turn off airplane mode before you got off work. Airplane mode is the next best thing to off as far as battery consumption is concerned, turns off all radios, transmit and receive.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 Android phone on a keyboard that waaayyy too small (or my thumbs are waaayyy too big).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez