The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Seido Actove case will indeed have a stand like many of there others now. They have a placeholder page for it with "Coming soon" (seidioonline.com)

This will be the case for me. There cases are well build, and I've never had a problem with one.

looks like they are in stock in all colors now.

use of the coupon code REDWHITEBLUE for 20% off on all red, white, or blue cases! 10% off on everything else with code: JULY2012

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

use of the coupon code REDWHITEBLUE for 20% off on all red, white, or blue cases! 10% off on everything else with code: JULY2012

kinda sucks all pictures are with the white phone. I guess you can't go wrong with black for the pebble blue phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: anon(843296)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
kinda sucks all pictures are with the white phone. I guess you can't go wrong with black for the pebble blue phone?

here are the pics i promised. blue case, but you can still get an idea. most of the pics were with flash so it looks brighter than it really is. there is one pic without flash, it is a little blurry, but it shows the true color.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the Seidio case. it gives good protection but is a bit too bulky for me, and the metal kickstand protrudes out. the case material feels kind of slippery.i tried the verizon case with kickstand and holster and for some reason the case was very tight to get off and also the kickstand was hard to open. it also felt kind of slippery. The case also didn't give enough protection for me. I ended up getting a completely black case mate pop with kickstand. the case feels right, decent amount of protection, not as good as the seidio active, but better than the verizon case, and the grip is great. the kickstand feels pretty flimsy though.

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site

*** Seidio Active Case (w/ Kickstand) for Samsung Galaxy S3 III (Blue case)

Anybody have a recommendation as to where to get this the cheapest? Best price I can find for the blue one is at Android Community for $34 shipped. Thanks for any help, if we could find a promo code / coupon for them that would help. The white one is available on ebay for $29 shipped.

Last edited:

ncmailman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I got my cover from Amazon very inexpensive in different colors too with kickstand. I'm happy with mine it looks yellow in the lighting but its actually white/black. Gives me more confidence about not letting phone slip out of my hand. Less than 5.00 last time I checked!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
A guy on xda had good things to say about the case mate kickstand case. But every online review has commented on how flimsy the kickstand is. IDK, for 35 bucks it better be nice.

I order the case-mate kickstand case from someone on ebay - refurbished for ~$15. It has no scuffs or signs previous use so they are probably selling some extra stock over there. Anyway, it is a very nice case with great fit and finish but yes the Kickstand is extremely flimsy and I don't see it lasting more than 6 months. If you can get it for on ebay for around $15 I would still recommend, but no way is it worth $35 with such a poorly designed kickstand.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
There is the official Verizon one that i posted a few days ago in a previous kickstand case thread. it doesn't give as much protection as the seidio but the Verizon one is much less bulky. guess, it depends on what you are looking for. the verizon one can be used in both horizontal and landscape, seidio one, i believe only landscape.
That's the one I also use. It is a nice case. KIckstand works in Vert. And Horiz. IT's thin when clipped on the belt. DOesn't get in the way, and the phone slides out easily. Stays in the holster securely.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ordered this one from ebay. Feels like the whole thing might snap in half or shatter if you drop it but can't complain for only $3.99. Also have the shell/holster combo coming from verizon if they ever decide to ship the phone.

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii430/pttyndal/droid/IMG_20120620_201323.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii430/pttyndal/droid/IMG_20120620_201348.jpg

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii430/pttyndal/droid/IMG_20120620_201339.jpg

I have that one and its saved my phone numerous times!

It was only 4 bucks, kickstand works well enough, and it absorbs shock very well

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If you are a fan of kickstands and if you have a case that "Does Not" have a kickstand - this will help kickstand4u tm Intro - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc.

This should easily attached to your favorite case, while giving you an adjustable kcikstand4u tm
VKSmultiview.jpg

Keep watch and take the poll over at XDA - final pricing and initial discounts for those that take the poll will be updated once shipment arrives.