Do you use a screen protector?

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my SG3 but would love to know if the screen is strong enough to handle not getting scratched if I take it off. Do you guys use a protector? How hard, or should I say easy is it to scratch the screen?

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've had the ones VZW sells on it since I bought it. There are numerous reports of the screen being scratched for little or no reason. It just doesn't make sense to have a $600 device without some sort of protection on the screen. It's your phone and you can do whatever you want to do with it but eventually you're going to find the screen has been damaged and probably could have been avoided.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually just removed the protector i had from VZW after just over a week. This device is so dam beautiful naked i hate to dress it back up. Besides, the shield i had on was already getting crusty after just 10 days!

Are those shieldz the type you hardly notice theyre even on??

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a matte screen protector on mine and it made the screen a lil grainy looking. The screen wasn't as vivid as it is naked. To get the real effect of the colors and clarity of the screen, I think you should leave it naked. It is a $600 dollar device but in a few months another one will be out and you won't even want this one anymore. I enjoy the beautiful screen naked

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

jiffy247

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
they are a little thicker than normal screen protectors but i prefer them. if you put it on right it does look like they're even on....

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the Zagg Screen Protectors on all my Smart phones but right now I'm using the Otterbox Defender case which has a built in screen protector.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I use the Zagg extreme on mine its shock proof and shatter proof so I don't have to worry about scratched or my screen breaking.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Zagg invisashield. First one lasted 6 months. The replacement went on today. $4 shipping to replace with warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mitremark68

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the clear protectors from Verizon along with the Otterbox Defender because it is amazing how much dust get under the Otterbox. Better safe then sorry.

mordyb

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone for about 4 months without a screen protector and my screen is flawless. I've meant to get one since I got the phone but I don't feel any need at all for it

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The screen on the S3 seems to be made of a different material than my other smartphones. Coming from an Evo 3D which the screen used to collect every darn fingerprint and forget about talking on the phone and it touched the side of your face. The S3 to me is a bit more resistant to fingerprints and a quick wipe and it's back to beautiful, so I don't even care to use a screen protector anymore. I just love the clarity better than when I had a screen protector on. I DO NOT put anything else in my pocket with my phone though.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had a screen protector on mine ever. I do have the Samsung flip cover on it though so the screen is pretty well protected when the phone is not in use. As makaroni said, I carry my S3 in a pocket all by itself. Not so much as piece of paper shares that pocket space.

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No. Two years using a Samsung Galaxy S ( Fascinate) with no screen protector and currently this Samsung Galaxy S3 also with no screen protector. The screens on both phones still look brand new even after my 3 year old granddaughters have played with them for hours.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am a phone dropper, so I have to have a screen protector. I have been using Skinomi for years on various models. Just ordered one for my S3 that will arrive next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aesthetics1