Current Location is Wrong???

bwbski

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Current Location in Places, Maps and even weather are all saying I am in Huntington NY. I used to live there, but moved from there 8 months ago. This phone has never been in ny? my account is registered here in vt. How do I fix this? Everytime I go to current location it says i am in ny????

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. There is a chance that if you brought your wifi router with you, and that is what google location service is using to "find" you, that it is thinking your router is still where it was back when the google all seeing eye drove around scooping up WiFi data and kicking dogs. Also, you dont have a VZ network extender do you? Those things can mess with VZ location services.

Try to turn off "google" location services and just leave the "verizon" one and/or GPS checked. Personally i think (but i have no hard evidence) that the Verizon 4G automagic tower friend finder is a bit wonky and prone to mixups. If trying to get a VZ/GPS location doesnt work just give it a day or two and it will probably fix itself.

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
mine was doing that then I googled something and it asked me to allow google to use my location, mind you I had already tried just checking the box in the settings to allow google to find me and it still was not working. Once Google asked me through the browser it fixed itself

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Turn on GPS open maps and get a fix, that should fix your problem

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699